Chapter 3- What?!

Next Day:
I walked into the school, eating the last bite of my breakfast wrap that I had gotten on the way here. I went over to the main office, "can I get my papers so I can know which classes I have?" "Sure sweetheart, just let me print them out".

When she handed my the papers; I started at them. I have a locker, 142. I walked over to it, its big and could hold more than just a few notebooks and pencils. I opened it and smiled. Then I closed it, mentally reminding myself to buy school supplies with the $12.50 I have left. I walked in last to my class and the teacher pulled me backwards so I was standing next to her.

"Class, today we have a new student, his name is Jonathan, treat him how you'd want to be treated". I looked down and started walking towards the back of the classroom. I sat behind a bunch of girls who each had bleached-blond hair and colored contacts in their eyes.

A girl that had tinted glasses looked at me and smiled, "where do you come from?"
"I live a few blocks away from here".
"Cool, why do you have so many bruises on your body? Aren't you a werewolf, you should be healed by now?" I got sad, "I uhh... tumbled down a flight of stairs".

I was taken out of my nervousness when Mrs. Gray spoke, "Jonathan, you and Sebastian will be working together. Lindsey and...".

After she said who was with who, the guy from my auditions stood up and walked over to me. The girls had left to sit with their partners. "Everyone, you will be working on history projects, they are due 2 weeks from now on Wednesday. One person from each group, come up and get a print out if the assignment".

I went and got the print outs. The assignment was to pick a president and create something that ties together: Math, Science, History, and English. "In order to be partners, we can't be strangers, want to play 21 questions?" I wanted to say 'no', but I don't want to be rude, "sure".

___

"Do you know what a mate is?"

"It means friend in Australian".

"Do you know what it means in werewolf terms?" 

I shook my head and he pulled out his phone, showing me the definition of mate in werewolf terms. "And guess what, I'm your mate".