Chapter 22

Hello !

Just want to apologize for the late update. I've been SO busy with school work that I haven't had the chance. But here it is, and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Oh, and before I start I'd like at ask if any of you have any IDEAS for the story ? I'm kinda lost on some, and I want the end to be extremely gripping because I'm thinking of making a SEQUEL. :D

Post in comments if you have any ideas. Best ones can maybe help me with planning the sequel to this story. (:

Nemii.

Chapter 22

Jenna's POV

I cried out in agony as Max continued to twist me wrist.

I could feel the blood rushing up my arm, the searing pain becoming unbearable.

Although he took no notice of my cries, he let go of me, and pushed me onto the bed. I tried lifting up my arm, but dropped it back down when a spark of pain shot through my hand. Max stepped closer, until his face was inches way from mine.

"Thought you could get away from this, didn't you?" Max said, letting out a low chuckle.

A shiver slowly made it's way down my spine, the hairs on the back of my neck sticking out on end.

I bit the inner side of my lip, and looked down at my lap as my hair fell across my face.

It was getting quite ridiculous how he was trying to get me to do his dirty-work. Not that it was heavy, but the fact that it had to involve my best friend and her boyfriend made it a lot worse than it could have been.

"Max, please. I've had enough of your bullshit already, and I don't want to get involved in anything more. You've made my life hell ever since Tyler's party, and I can't even sleep properly without having to remember all that you've done to me. So just fuck off and leave me alone!"

My temper had slowly began to rise, and the look on Max's face only made me angrier. He was about to make another move when I swiftly shoved my knee into the place where the sun don't shine, and immediately made a run for it.

I have never in my life felt so powerful.

I quickly made my way down the stair-case, and into the main hall. I looked back behind me to see the that it was completely deserted. I let out a sigh of relief, and turned to look at the large mirror that stood close to the front door.

I peered at myself, and noticed how red my eyes were. My face was slightly puffy and red, with a couple bruises on my right cheek. I lifted my good hand to my face, and ran my finger-tips across the bruises. I flinched at the pain it caused, and let my hand fall back down to my sides.

Turning back to the door, I let my hands grip the doorknob and turning it slowly, I pulled open the door open.

I stepped out into the fresh air, inhaling it deeply. The scars on my cheeks stung as the wind lapped at them, but I didn't care. I was no longer in Max's grip.

I looked up ahead of me to see Abigail and Yale sitting on the wall near the gate of the house. As I approached them, they turned round and jumped up in the air, happy that I was still in one piece.

"Jenna are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Abigail questioned, scanning me for any major cuts or bruises. Then she slapped her forehead and rolled her eyes. "Stupid question. What did he do to you?"

I laughed, and gave her a hug.

"Nothing big, but I think a doctor needs to take a look at this-" Using my good arm, I tried to carefully lift my bad arm up to show Abigail what happened. I winced at the pain it caused, and let my arm fall back down again.