Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Abigail's POV

"What are you going to do about this, then?" Jenna suddenly blurted out, her arm still around my shoulder. I looked at her blankly before shrugging.

"Nothing," I whispered, knowing that there was nothing I could do. Yale no longer cared about me. And even if he did, he'd probably use all his might to not think about me. I growled under my breath, before sighing deeply. Why did life have to be so complicated?

"But you're not going to be walking around looking like this, are you?" Jenna asked slowly. I shrugged again.

"Yeah, why not? I guess this is the way things were meant to go. And anyway, I think he's hanging with Marcia just to get me jealous. Well I've got news for him; if he's trying to make me jealous, then I'll do the same." Jenna laughed, and shook her head.

"You sure you wanna do that? I mean, what if he's serious and doesn't want you back? What if he isn't trying to make you jealous?" I frowned, and then curled my lips.

"Yeah. Even if he's not trying to make me jealous, I might as well find a new boyfriend. Or even better, I might as well stay single. A lot less drama." Jenna chuckled and walked with me to the entrance of the school. Suddenly, it felt as though someone was behind us, so I quickly turned my head around to see who it was.

"Hey Jenna!" A handsome boy called, waving towards us. Jenna turned to me and smiled broadly.

"Hey!" Jenna replied, quickly walking over to him. Together they walked towards me, and Jenna smiled up at him.

"Abigail, meet Alex," she said, looking at him. Alex smiled and extended his hand out. I felt reluctant to shake it, but did it anyway. "Alex, this is Abigail.

"Nice to meet you," he said enthusiastically. I faked a smile and nodded.

"Nice to meet you too." Jenna grinned, and stood in front of Alex as he wrapped his arms around her neck.

"We'll be hanging out for a while," Jenna announced, giggling as Alex poked her. He nodded, and shot me a smile.

"Yepp; I'd really like to get to know someone.." He squished Jenna into a hug, which only made my stomach scrunch in disappointment and jealousy. But I tried my best to cover it up by smiling happily.

"Hope you two have fun then," I replied, hoisting my bag over my shoulder. I was in no mood to stand about watching two people get a long so well. Realising I could have had it if I accepted to take Yale back, even if it wasn't right. Why do things have to feel so right even though it's wrong?

Jenna smiled and gave me a quick hug, before dragging a suprised Alex down the hall and out of the school building. I sighed, and looked around at the nearly deserted school hallway. A couple people were walking outside, chatting amoungst themselves in cheery tones. Some of them turned to look at me, some shooting smiles, some shooting glares. And others just didn't look at all.

I started to slowly make my way down the rest of the hall before the school's entrance. Not really watching where I was going, I bumped into someone, and stumbled as I tried to keep my balance. I turned around to see who I'd bumped into.

"Oh, hey Cody! Sorry about that, I-" I stopped in mid-sentence as I realised who was standing next to him.

"Oh, hey Abigail. This is Leesa, I think you've already met? Just bumped into her a while ago, and we got talking." He smiled and looked at her. She smiled back, and shot me an evil grin. "Apparently we've got a lot in common, so we're going to go for a drink in a café down the road." I nodded, and shot him a fake smile.

"Sounds..nice. Have a good time." Cody nodded, and took hold of Leesa's hand. I turned my head away as I felt myself go red. So much for being Mr. Nice Guy.

I sighed once again as I watched the two walk out of the school building. Was it me, or was this really awkward? I shook my head, and made my way out of the school. Today was officially not my day.

I walked along the path that lead to the car park before the gates. I opened them, and walked out, not caring that I should have closed them back. I made my way down the road, taking my time as much as I could. I didn't feel like going home, but neither did I want to hang around. I suddenly jumped when I felt to hands poke me on my sides.

"Oh my God," I breathed, putting a hand on my chest. "Please promise me you will not do that again." Max laughed, and shrugged.

"I'm sorry," he replied, and shot me a grin.

"What the hell are you doing here anyway?" I asked, folding my arms. Max smiled and put his hands into his pockets.

"To be fully honest, nothing," he responded, looking at me with a serious face. I nodded slowly, wondering if I should believe him or not. I decided I would. He then smirked, and stepped slightly closer.

"I heard what happened today," he said softly. "About my brother and everything." I nodded, and looked away, not wanting to talk about it.

"Yeah.. that. Is it okay if we not talk about it? I feel like crap everytime it pops into my head." Max nodded, and gave me the only thing I really wanted right now; a hug. I frowned for a minute, thinking how awkward it was. A hug from Max? The one who put me through the most worst moments ever? I decided to 'forgive' him, and hugged him back.

"Thanks," I whispered, burrying my face between his shoulder and neck. I could smell his cologne, and it seemed to calm all my nerves down.

"It's fine; I think you need that after all that's been happening." He pulled away slightly, and smiled. "You probably won't forgive me for what I've done, but I'm going to apologize anyway; differently." I frowned and looked up at him.

"Huh? What do you mean by differently?" He grinned and put his arms around my waist. He then took one of his hands and with his fingers, pushed my eyelids over my eyes. I pouted, wondering why he'd closed my eyes. "How are you going to apologize while I have my eyes closed?" He chuckled and put his hands back around my waist.

"Like this," he whispered.

-----------

Ohh, so I was in a really good mood today, and decided to write you an extra chapter. How nice am I? :) Hope you liked it, and sorry for that cliffhanger. xD

Next chapter will be up .. soon I hope. I don't know when exactly since I've got my other two stories to update, but as soon as I have, I'll post this stories 35th chapter. :D

Till next time! And thanks so much for the views! Over 1O,4OO!

Let's see if this chapter can get .. 1O comments? :)

Nemii. <3