Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Abigail's POV

As soon as I woke up the next morning, the first thing that my mind automatically snapped to was Max. It kept repeating the events of yesterday, which only put a smile on my face. I scrambled out of bed, and stood up, frantically looking for my phone. I slapped my head when I realised I'd broken it after getting upset. I sighed, and plumped back on my bed. It's always when I need a phone that I don't have it.

I decided not to mope about and take a long shower. I still had a while before school started, considering the first class was cancelled. I picked a simple outfit of a pair of grey skinnies, a white print tee and my black converse. I chose not to bother with make-up, and tied my hair up in a messy bun.

"Someone looks cheerful this morning," Tyler commented, as I walked into the kitchen. I smiled, and shrugged as I opened the frigde, grabbing a carton of milk. "Any reason?" I nodded, and opened the cupboard and grabbed a bowl.

"Well.. there's this guy I've suddenly fallen for," I admitted, not quite sure if Tyler would be able to handle it. And when I meant handle it, I meant handle who this guy was.

"Who is it?" He asked, putting down his glass of orange juice. I gulped slightly, and poured myself a bowl of cereal.

"It's Max," I suddenly said, sitting down. Tyler's eyes widened, and I immediately put my spoon down. "I know it sounds insane; and yes I do agree. But he's really nice beyond that evil character of his. He really cares about me, and you know, he even apologized. He really meant it." Tyler was of course not satisfied.

"Abigial, he's put us through so much this year. And after all this you want to start dating him? Seriously, there's a lot of other guys out there; why Max?" I shrugged, and stuffed a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

"I know, you're perfectly right. But I can't help it; he's made me feel so much better, so much better than Yale ever did." I sighed, and scratched my head. Tyler snorted.

"What did I tell you," he muttered, "Yale's no good." I shrugged, and finished off my bowl of cereal. I stood up and put my bowl in the sink before heading to the kitchen door.

"I've got first class off this morning, so you don't need to drop me off," I said, stretching. "I'll walk or something." Tyler raised his eyebrows.

"You sure?" I nodded. "Alright, whatever floats your boat. Oh, and by the way, the postman, or whoever it was left a box on the doorstep this morning. It's for you. I've left it on the side table in the hall." I raised my eyebrow and chewed on my bottom lip.

"Who's it from?" Tyler shrugged.

"No clue; there's an envelope with your name and address." I nodded, and headed out of the kitchen and into the hall. The box was sitting there on the side table, with a medium-large envelope attached to it. Excitedly, I wripped off the envelope, opening it and removing the card inside.

My heart skipped a beat as I read the contents of the letter. It was from Max. I immediately dropped the letter, and grabbed the box, opening it frantically. I nearly had a heart-attack when I saw what was inside the box.

"A phone?" I whispered to myself, picking it up and examining it. I pressed the power button, and after the intro screen, its welcome message read "Hey beautiful! Look outside your front door at 9:00 :)". I gasped as I looked at the time, and saw it was two minutes to nine. I quickly ran upstairs with the empty box, thrusting it under my bed and grabbing my school stuff. I put on my jacket and raced back down stairs, saying a quick good bye to Tyler who was typing away rapidly on his phone.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" he asked, looking away from his phone to peer at me. "And what was in the box?" I winked at him, and zipped my jacket up.

"No time to explain; I'll tell you after school!" I replied, and rushed out the kitchen and out of the front door.

Standing on the porch as the sun streamed through the sky, I looked around to see who would be there. I smiled when I saw Max approaching. I quickly ran over to him, and jumped into his arms.

"You really didn't have to get me a phone," I whispered, hugging him tightly. He chuckled, and ruffled my hair.

"Says who?" he asked, his arms around my waist. I eyed him devilishly before smiling.

"Me of course," I replied. "I could have gotten one myself." Max shook his head, and took hold of my bag. I tried to pull it off him, but he brought it out of my reach. I pouted and shoved him with my elbow.

"You don't have to carry my bag either," I added, leaving him behind and walking along the pavement. He laughed, and quickly caught up with me and stopped me.

"Oh yes I can," he whispered, holding onto me. I shrugged and looked him in the eye.

"Whatever floats your boat," I said, copying Tyler's words. I smiled as he bent down to kiss me.

"Lets get going," he whispered. I nodded and together we started making our way down the street.

"Is your car still at your apartment?" I asked, checking out my new phone. Max shook his head and held onto my hand.

"Nope, it's near your school. I left it there and decided to walk to your place so we could walk back together and talk." He smiled and me and I laughed.

"Sounds like a good idea," I said. "And since we're talking now, explain to me about what you meant last night; about us being able to see each other even when I'm at the historical trip." Max grinned.

"I knew you'd ask," he commented, looking at me. "Ah well, I might as well explain it to you. It's probably going to come as a surprise to you."

"Really?" I replied, raising my eyebrows. Max nodded.

"Yepp."

------

Sorry for the late update! I had to exams today, and they didn't go very well, even after studying so hard. :[ Anyway, this is prolly not my best chapter so far; it's more of a fill-up so that the upcoming [extremely exciting] events will make complete sense. You'll be glad when everything starts to unfold. :3

Next chapter will be here in a while; considering it's holiday, I'm going to try and make longer chapters, and maybe a little more detail? What do you think? And ideas/elements you want to see in the books? Comment comment comment. :D

Thanks!