Chapter 45

Chapter 45

With only two days left of the trip to go, things were getting very nerve racking. After Cody had cleverly saved me from near suffocation, it was getting hard to realise the fact that anything could happen to Yale. My mind was focused on him all the time, and thinking up ways to find out what was going on was limited.

 Even though Tyler was giving us update calls every few hours or so each day, it was hard not to worry that something could happen in the minutes he was not on the phone with us. I could only come to one conclusion: we had to leave this trip now, even if it meant getting into trouble. I couldn’t risk losing Yale.

I woke up extra early this morning, waking Jenna up as well. Cody had suggested we wake up earlier to give us time to pack and leave before anyone saw us. Jenna yawned, not exactly in the mood for waking up early. I laughed and pulled my luggage bag out from under my bed. Most of my clothes were already packed, so all I had to do was put some new clothes on, and put my pyjamas and bath bag in.

“I’m still not sure if it’s a good idea to leave right now,” Jenna said, a slight scent of worry in her voice. I smiled at her reassuringly.

“Don’t worry so much Jen, this is for the best. Remember Yale’s in big trouble right now, and if we don’t go help him, things could get bad.” Jenna nodded, and hopped out of bed.

“I’ll take a shower while you change; see if you can get Cody in here in a couple minutes with his things. He really needs to explain his escape plans a little better.” I stifled a laugh as I picked up my hairbrush.

“It’s really quite simple you know,” I explained, running the brush through my hair. “We’ll get our things down stairs, and out to the bus. We have to leave them there because we can’t carry it with us. The bus leaves with everyone on Saturday, so we know that our luggage will be safe for the time being. We’re going to get a local bus back home, and Cody’s planning on renting a car for the rest of the journey.” Jenna nodded, and then frowned.

“What are we gonna do after that?” I smiled.

“Cody’s gonna bring Yale to his place with us. He has a basement sort of thing in his house which is great for hiding. Hopefully he’ll be safe there.” Jenna nodded in agreement.

“It’d suck if it didn’t work; all this wouldn’t have been a waste.” She paused for a moment. “How long will the whole journey be?” I shrugged.

“Cody said something around 5-6 hours; could be more, could be less. I’m not exactly sure.” Jenna rolled her eyes and hopped into the bathroom.

An hour later, Cody had managed to get all our things into the under storage area of the bus, and was now holding onto our hand luggage.

“You guys all got some cash on you?” He asked, handing us our bags. We both nodded, and made our way down the street to the nearest bus stop. This was a now or never situation, and I was determind to save Yale. whatever it took.