Chapter 39

Hey readers! Sorry for not updating again. I've still got writer's block, which has now finally gone away! This story will be finished soon; there will be around 45-46 chapters, so 5-ish to go! After this ones done, I'll continue with the new story, a.k.a the sequel which will be posted after May 1st 2011. I hope you'll still be around to read it, as it'll be twice as fun as this one. I'll be continuing my other stories, including a new one I started yesterday! :D

Enjoy!

Chapter 39

Abigail's POV

As soon as I heard the ringing of my alarm clock, I jumped out of bed, the feeling of excitment running through me. I grabbed a couple things from my cupboads before running into the bathroom for a long shower. I placed my phone on the counter,and hopped into the shower. The hot water relaxed my muscles, as my mind raced with ideas of what might happen the coming week.

As soon as I finished my shower, I got out the bathroom and quickly dried myself. Taking a quick look at my phone, I noticed I had a new text message from Max. I smiled to myself, and clicked 'read'.

Hey gorgeous! The bus leaves your school at around 3 this afternoon, so I'll pick you up at 2. I've got to go to the supermarket to grab a couple things, so you won't mind if you join me? Can't wait to see you, miss you lots. Max xxx

I giggled and did a little twirl before dressing myself and rushing out of the bathroom. I was going so fast, I didn't realise who was in front of me.

"You're in an awfully good mood this morning," Tyler commented as I picked up my hairbrush that I dropped. I nodded and shot him a smile.

"You should know why," I replied, smiling broadly. Tyler shrugged.

"You're just excited for a historical trip?" I laughed, and nodded my head slowly.

"That's partly it.." Tyler smiled knowingly and walked past me.

"Hope you have a good time," he said, smiling. "Just remember to watch out." I frowned.

"Watch out for what?" Tyler rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Max. He may be nice to you, but he'll always have something on his mind. And I don't mean getting in your pants." He chuckled when I hit him. "What I meant is he might be plotting something to make things worse for you.. even me. But I have a feeling he's planning on getting at Yale. Don't ask me why, I just have this feeling.." I nodded slowly, and walked off.

"Thanks," I called and rushed into my room. I threw my phone onto my bed as I put on the rest of my clothes. It still really bothered me how everyone was trying to get me to leave Max. Yes, I knew what he did in the past was wrong, and even though he still might do something, I doubt it'd be worse than what happened before. I sighed, and decided to finish off my packing. In the midst of debating whether or not to take my hair straightener, when my mum appeared through the door.

"You all set then?" My mum said smiling, as she walked over and sat on my bed. I nodded excitedly as I gave in a stuffed in my hair straightener. My mum handed me an envelope that had my name written on it with a very familiar handwriting. I frowned at my mum who shrugged.

"It was on the mat in the hall this morning, so I have no idea who put it there. I doubt it'd be the post as there's always an adress on the front." I nodded, and took the envelope, ripping it open. I rolled my eyes when I realised it was from Yale.

"Who's it from?" My mum asked curiously. I sighed, and showed her the piece of paper.

"It's from Yale.. you remember?" She nodded and smiled.

"Isn't he your boyfriend- no I mean, ex-boyfriend?" I laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, that's the one."

"What does he want?" I shrugged.

"Not much, he's just.. warning me." My mum looked at me worriedly.

"Warning you about what?" I wanted to hide the paper, but my mum took it from me quickly before I had the chance. After she'd read it, her facial expression changed to slight annoyance.

"Is this the Max person you've been seeing recently?" I nodded slowly. "After what this kid's saying, I don't think he's the sort of boy you'd want to hang around with; he seems quite dangerous." I sighed angrily and snatched the letter from her.

"Mum, he is not dangerous. He's just had a hard past, that's all." My mum didn't look convinced and stood up.

"I'd rather you not hang around with him; it's for your own safety." I rolled my eyes and stuffed the letter under my bed.

"Mum don't worry, I'll be fine. Max is coming to pick me up at two. He needs to go to the supermarket so he wants me to join him." My mum took one look at me, and left the room, not bothering to reply. I threw my arms up and landed them on my head. I really hope this trip wouldn't get ruined.

After eating breakfast, I ran back upstairs and got onto my laptop. I logged into Facebook, and quickly clicked Jenna's icon when I saw she was online. I was desperate to tell her about Yale's letter.

Me: Jenna! You'll never guess what I got today..

Jenna: Hey Abby! What did you get?

Me: A letter.. from Yale

Jenna: What does he want now?

Me: Warning me about Max again. One sec, I'll scan the letter and send it to you.

Jenna: Wow.. must be serious then. I mean, why would he write you a letter by hand?

Me: Serious? Jenna, Max has changed! He's different now.

Jenna: Yeah, but not fully. I'm sorry babes, but Yale does have a point. Max is very cunning; I've known him longer than you, and I know a lot of his moves. He's just charming you for the time being. You'll see that once he's fully gotten your attention, you're done for.

Me: Jen, I thought you were on my side! He is not gonna do anything to me; he really cares about me that he's even gotten a phone for me!

Jenna: Really Abby, pull yourself together. After reading that letter, I've got to be honest and say that Yale is truly right. Think about it; Max knows your gullible, easy to convince. So obviously he's going for you. And he also knows you still care about Yale.

Me: I don't still care about Yale..

Jenna: Abby, you do. Have you noticed how you've always let him off easily after he's tried to talk to you? I'd have really yelled at him or hit him if I was in your position. But you just let him off. So you care about him.

Me: That is not true!

Jenna: It's true. And you know what? Yale seems like the better out of the two. You're choosing to date someone who forced your ex to break up with you, who caused problems with your family relationships, and the one who made life hard for you over the one who only made one mistake by going through with that his brother asked for. Seriously Abby, think about this.

Me: It's not true! And I know, but I have my reasons.

Jenna: Whatever Abby. I've gotta go finish packing. I'll see you in school at 3!

Me: Yeah, see you!

I quickly logged off and slammed my computer shut. I didn't get why Jenna all of a sudden changed sides. I put my elbows ontop of my desk and rested my chin on my hands. Maybe she was right. Maybe I did still care about Yale. And she was right; Yale seemed the better one than Max. But I decided to ignore it. I was going to be spending an entire week with Max. Might as well keep a positive face.