Capítulo Cincuenta y Siete

A/n: Long chapter. I'm warning you now.

Previously on MPC

'It's been a week of Xanthe visiting her alive twin, and an intense conversation leads Xanthe face to face with Shanaya, who's asked Xanthe to play a game.

Our MC is given two days to think of a way to help Xena escape. If she wins the game, she gets to know where Arsen is, if she loses, then Jax dies.

Enjoy this chapter, guys, we're close to The End.'

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 57

I'm running, but my legs aren't taking me anywhere. I'm breathing, but my lungs feel like they're closing in on me.

Where are they? I can't find them.

Where are they?!

"Xanthe!" Someone yells, and my eyes widen as they meet with the person.

"I'm coming!" I cry, urging my legs to go faster.

"You're late, Xanthe. I'm sorry. It's game over."

A gunshot is fired, and it echoes throughout my whole mind.

I freeze, my blood turning cold as I watch the person fall to the ground, one last smile shining on their face.

The scream that leaves my mouth shakes even me to the core.

*~*~*~*~*

Five Or Six Hours Before That

"Okay, guys, I have a plan."

Ameena's hands shake as she opens up the map, and I know she's afraid - but trying to hide it.

Not even three hours ago, she watched with her own eyes as Shanaya dragged Jax away from her.

It's all my fault.

"Let's hear it," Noah says, and Kade clears his throat.

He's been extremely quiet ever since I told everyone what happened.

I miss the days he used to mess about with Jax as if they were blood brothers.

It's all your fault, Xanthe.

"Basically, Xena is on the second floor, so breaking her out of the window is a no-no. Sneaking her out of the room is a good guise, but cameras are under surveillance twenty-four-hour, so we'll get caught. But it's the only way, so we should--"

I put a hand on Ameena's arm, stopping her in case she runs out of oxygen.

She probably already has, actually.

"We'll find him, Ams, don't worry," I tell her, smiling gently. Xander nods from the other side.

"Yeah, and when we find him, I'll kill him. I mean, seriously, I told him not to go to the bathroom, he wasn't even desperate! Every time someone doesn't listen to me, something--"

"Shut up, Xander," Noah says.

It's weird how he actually listened. Usually, they'd both put up a stubborn fight. But I think Xander gets how I feel.

Like me, he blames himself for not stopping Jax when he had the chance.

This may be a game, but we're playing to live here, not for some money that she could have bargained on the table instead of a damn human.