Capítulo Veintiocho

Chapter 28

It's been two weeks since we came back from Canada. And nothing's the same.

Jax seems to suddenly be head over heels in love with Ameena, or maybe I just realized that now. Ace has made it his life's mission to worship the rod stuck up his ass and Don's still angry over the whole 'I-kissed-Arsen-twice-in-Canada' thing.

Yes, everyone found out.

Unfortunately.

And I haven't told anyone this yet, but I've been getting weird texts from someone called 'Your Wrecker'.

I know it's not my mom, because she's been AWOL ever since we came back, and Teel would cut the formalities and get straight to the point.

So I'm freaked out about that.

And I haven't seen Arsen in three days.

He's just gone. I texted him once or twice, and I got short answers back, for example, 'Yes,' and 'No,' and 'Stay out of it, Xanthe,'.

See? My point.

I hear a ping from my phone and freeze.

I've suddenly started to hate looking at my texts, and I literally hear the ping of my phone echoing in my nightmares.

Usually, when it's Arsen, my heart soars so high to the sky I almost want to cry.

"Who is it?" Ameena asks. I look over at her and slowly slide my phone underneath my thigh, out of her line of vision.

"No one," I mutter, shaking my head and turning back to the news on TV.

Kade and Jax are out bowling, Kaitlin and Ally are out with Logan, doing some top secret business only for their gang.

 Don and Ace are trailing someone important who we're going to be spying on in a day's time - when we start school. And Xander's off with Noah, trying to track down Arsen.

It's vital that they do trace him because I don't think I can take it much longer - the anger that Arsen went without me, or the possibility that he could be in danger.

Ameena and I have been home, all day long, waiting for Noah and Xander to return, hopefully with Arsen.

We even had to dismiss the kind maids early so we could have some peace and quiet. Some space to think.

Not that they were doing anything to annoy us.

Except ask us if we want to eat anything every two seconds.

The ping comes again, and this time, I hesitate to check my phone.

I know it isn't Your Wrecker this time, because he never texts more than one message in a day - or two.

I click on the notification.

"I got a text from Kade," I tell Ameena, furrowing my eyebrows and nudging her.

"What does it say?" She asks, not taking her eyes off the ever so interesting news.

"'Someone's got a gun in the alley'," I say, snorting. Ameena looks over at me.

"Did he tell you what the someone looks like?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"No, do you ever think Kade'll be bothered to text a whole descriptive paragraph my English teacher would be so proud of, Ams?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

She rolls her eyes. "Yeah, good point."

Suddenly, the door clicks open, and I silently pray it's Arsen.