Capítulo Treinta y Ocho

Chapter 38

I sit on the couch, glaring at my mom, Teel smirking behind her. I shift my glare to him, but think better of it and turn back to mom.

Vicky and Emma are, thankfully, on my side this time.

"How could you?" I hiss, swallowing down my pain and instead, deciding to take the angry face out.

Mom doesn't meet my eyes.

"I was going to come for you, honey, I promise--"

"No! You can't promise me anything! Mom, when I was five, you promised me that our family would always and forever be with each other. That we'd stand for each other. When you break a promise," My glare hardens. "Then everything you've ever fought for drifts away."

I stand up, digging my nails into my palms so I don't cry. Vicky puts a hand on my shoulder, and Emma rolls her eyes at mom.

Good. Mom doesn't deserve these two on her side, they've been nothing but loyal, and she decides to dupe them now of all times, too?!

She could've at least come back for them!

"Cariño, wait--"

"No, mom. You don't get to call me that anymore. I've seen what you're made of, and for now, that's enough," I growl, trying to block out Teel's snarling face from the back.

It doesn't work.

"Teel, shut your face before I rip open your fucking eyeballs!" Emma yells at him, throwing her right heel in his direction.

Teel dodges it easily, still smirking.

The depressing room gets to me, and I can't take the silence anymore. Or Teel's sick face. I make my way to the door.

"Xanthe, where else is there for you to go? Even your gang has shut you out, your dad is nowhere to be found, and..." Mom trails off. "Xena's dead."

My shoulders droop. "I'm not going anywhere." I hiss at her, before stomping out of the stupid ballroom, up the stupid stairs, and into my stupid room.

Vicky and Emma follow. I guess they're just as angry as me.

"What's her deal?" Emma hisses, glaring at the door. I sigh, getting my bag out and stuffing my new clothes into it.

I honestly had no clue.

"Xanthe, what are you doing?" Vicky whispers, coming up to me. I glare at the suitcase, Teel's face swimming into my mind and making me angrier than I already was, confirming my plans.

"I'm leaving. It's time I got out and did what I do best."

*~*~*~*

2 Weeks Later

I throw the man up against the wall, his chubby neck pressed down hard by my - surprisingly firm - forearm.

"Tell me, Dick," I hiss. He chokes, scratching at me whilst trying to breathe.

My grip tightens on him, and he starts flailing.

"I swear, I don't know! And--my--name's--Rick."

I glare at him, kicking him in the balls with my knee as hard as I can. That's when I let him go, and he falls to the cold, rocky ground, hands flying to his neck and the other clutching at his crotch.

"I'll make you tell me," I mutter, bending to his level. He winces.

"How?" He still has the nerve to snarl.