Capítulo Cuarenta y Uno

Chapter 41

The car pulls up into a neglected driveway, and I tilt my head slightly to see the building - and of what it's become.

Damn, it's a complete goner and those parties...

I shudder slightly as I get out - and not because it's cold. Although it is.

I make my way up the broken, cracked path, noticing the dead plants and overgrowing weed. Once I reach the front door, I'm about to lift my hand up to knock, until I realize the door is completely hanging off its hinges.

So then, where's all the noise coming from? 

I slowly creak open the door, noticing the broken down walls and crumbling ceiling. 

Wow.

My hair stands on edge as an upbeat roar of more than one person is heard down the hall of what used to be a gorgeous home.

I slowly step over to what I think I can remember as the main living room and open the door slightly.

I'm almost surprised to see a bunch of men and women sitting around the TV and watching the basketball game - makes me want to laugh.

That's when I spot him. All smiles and innocent. Punk.

Barging into the stupid room, I grab him by the collar and glare at him right into his deep, blue eyes.

I ignore the fact that everybody has quietened down.

"Uh...excuse me?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. My hands squeeze into fists around his collar, almost causing him to choke.

"Do you know where Jerome Fitzgerald is?" I growl, and he lazily smirks, looking around the room and winking.

A few 'whoos' go up, and I do the first thing I can to control my anger.

I punch him.

But! In my defence, I only did that because it was a spur of the 'what would Arsen do' moment, and this came to mind.

He tumbles back, eyes widen as he holds his jaw. Whispers go around the room, and his eyes darken.

"Can we take this outside, you little bitch?" He hisses back just as low. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever," I mutter, spinning on my heels and wanting to get this over with as quickly as possible.

My gun was safe in my pocket.

Once we're outside, he shuts the door behind me and leads me into another room, the noise of everybody else rising up again as they completely forget what just happened two seconds ago.

Good. This can not get back to my boss. Arsen will most definitely...murder me.

"Can you tell me who the fuck you are and what the fuck you want?" Jerome suddenly blows up, and I look at where he brought me.

The room is dim, since there's no lighting, and the sofa is so torn down and faded I actually feel sorry for it. But then again, it is the only furniture in the room, so it'll live.

A few more days.

"You really don't remember?" I ask, almost feeling ashamed to think I felt a little hurt.

He rolls his eyes. "I've been jailed for a fucking year, little bitch. You think six months is enough for me to catch up with the fucking world?!" He hisses, leaning down and glaring at me.

I swallow at the close proximity but scoff anyway.

"Right, I'm sorry. You must've forgotten about the many girls you hurt, abused - tortured - before going into ja--actually, that's the whole reason you went to jail!" I laugh sarcastically, glaring at him and folding my arms.