Capítulo Treinta y Tres

A/n: Killian is influenced by Captain Hook from O.U.A.T. Enjoy.

Chapter 33

I yawn as I walk into the living room, considering plopping between Jax and Ameena, but Jax's wishful look clearly makes me think twice, and instead, I sit in the other empty space there is in the whole room.

Next to Ace.

He gives me a dirty look when I sit down, and a few seconds later, he gets up.

I furrow my eyebrows and am about to get up and ask him what his problem is, but something on the news catches my attention.

It catches everybody's attention.

"BREAKING NEWS. An infamous homicidal killer has left another mark. Eighteen-year-old Khloe Martinez was found dead outside the Alaska State Capitol, a message carved into her arm, seemingly by a penknife.

Investigators are looking into it, and the mayor, Tim Tilted has held a meeting, claiming he is tired of this "psychopath" and wants him found, also stating that he will be changing the town's rules on penknives, declaring they cause much more trouble than you would think. In other news..."

My eyes are glued to the screen.

"Whoa," Kade mutters, glancing at me slightly as Jax whistles quietly.

Ameena seems shocked, and I don't know what to think. We all know who this 'homicidal killer' is.

Suddenly, Noah gets up and grabs his coat, putting it on and tossing the keys from his pocket to Xander, and without a word, the two are out of the door with a secret glance.

Ace shares a look with Don and they both rush into the basement, slamming the door behind them, Logan stares at his hands, uncomfortable, and Ally and Kaitlin aren't even here.

I swallow. "Who's Khloe?"

Ameena abruptly looks over at me, her eyes wide.

"Oh, Xanny, I forgot you were watching the news too...we--it wasn't supposed to be on," She whispers the end bit quietly.

I narrow my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I look between the three of them.

Kade clears his throat and Jax is about to whistle again when Ameena stops him with a glare.

"We always turn the morning news off when you're around," Ameena tells me, not making eye contact. I raise an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"Because...Arsen is almost always on it," She says. My mouth drops a little but I shut it.

"Is that why...?" I can't finish the question.

I scoff, shaking my head.

"How many times has he been on the morning news?" I ask. Nobody answers. "How many times?!"

Jax clears his throat. "Every morning."

My heart drops slightly.

"Is that where he goes? Before anybody has woken up? He goes and kills...people?" I ask, spitting the word out as if it's poison.

"Not just any people," Kade quickly jumps in.

I snort. "Sorry, my bad. Just the people he's dated, right?"

Surprisingly, I didn't feel at all frightened or angry about this. In fact, I was more annoyed that he kept this from me than the actual, illegal sin he was doing.