Capítulo Diez

Chapter 10

Arsen glares at Don, his hands in his pocket and his tongue flicking out to lick his lips angrily. I swallow, knowing the look Arsen is giving Don doesn't ever mean anything good.

I have a feeling Don would agree with me on that.

"I told you," He starts slowly, his voice ice cold. "to stay away from her." He finishes, his eyes burning like hell.

If you ever want to know what hell is like, just look into Arsen's eyes - angry or not. It's practically the same thing.

"Uh...yeah, I forgot," Don shrugs, looking away from him so that he doesn't have to look at the scrutinizing gaze of Arsen.

"Don?" He asks - his voice far from gentle. He moves closer to him in an agonizingly slow pace. I gulp, hoping he doesn't punch him.

Once again, looks like Don would agree with me on that.

"Yeah...?" Don asks as if he's struggling to find the correct words to say. Arsen growls, almost like a wolf.

It would be super ironic if Arsen was a wolf, though. I wouldn't be surprised at all - or a vampire.

"You're going to walk away, and not look back, got it? And next time you want to take Xanthe out of the house, you ask me. You don't want to know what happens if you don't."

Don takes a deep breath and glances at me quickly.

"Yeah, whatever. But...what if you say no?"

Oh my Lord. Why the hell would he ask Arsen that?

"I will say no. I'll also punch you in the face. Now get lost," Arsen shouts, his deep, loud voice making Don - and myself - jump slightly.

After glaring at each other for a while, Don narrows his eyes and walks away. And I release a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

That was close. Imagine what Arsen could've done to him.

Punched him or beat him up?

Be quiet.

Killed him?

I swear--

"You," Arsen snarls, finally turning to me.

I spoke too soon. He's probably thinking of a way to kill me right now along with Don. And then where to hide our bodies.

Oh, no, not the closet. That would just kill the vibe.

"Hey..." I trail off nervously when his eyes zero in on mine and immediately lock into place.

He's looking me in the eyes...that's a bad thing, right?

Or maybe not since his eyes are beautiful.

"Don't hey me, Xanthe, I told you not to go near him, and what did you do? You went fucking near him. Seriously?!" He seethes, walking up to me so we're looking eye-to-eye.

Although it's kind of intimidating since his eyes are both gorgeous and scary. Plus, he's inches taller than me. I may be a decent height, but he's clearly six-feet tall.

I swallow the lump in my throat.

"Would you believe me if I said that...it was by accident?" I ask, and that's enough to make his anger push over the limit.

In a flash, he's grabbed my shoulders and I'm pushed against the tree, his body pressing hard against mine.

"If it was by accident, what was going on between you two just then?" He asks, his voice dangerously low.