Capítulo Treinta y Cuatro

Chapter 34

I turn in my seat to look back and the eyebrows sitting on my forehead shoot up.

"Arsen's coming with us? You never told me!" I say, looking at Killian. He smiles.

"Sorry, love, I didn't think you'd care," He shrugs. I gape at him.

"Of course I care! I care about Arsen! More than anyone else ever has before!" I exclaim, and when Killian gives me a condescending look, I sigh.

"TMI," He mutters, smirking a little. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I kinda overreacted," And he snorts at this.

"Right."

After driving a little while - and me being impatient - we finally reach a very modern-looking street, with huge homes and a lot of bright parks.

But when we pass said street and turn into a more glib and morbid one, I furrow my eyebrows.

Noticing the abnormal houses that basically look haunted, and the melancholy children staring at Killian's car going by, I give him a confused look.

"So this is where you guys live," I state, but he nods anyway. I smile a little.

"Good to know you guys are at least a little normal," I tell him, looking around at the unusual place.

Even the trees looked like something from the movie Coraline, and it was pretty calming in a way. I liked it.

It was normal.

"No, actually, we're not even close to normal," He smirks, parking his car in an old-looking house garage, which resembled dark and scary and big.

I so wanted to explore it.

"Come on, love, let's go," Killian chirps, getting out the car and taking off his sunglasses since there was zero amount of sunlight in this street.

I sit in the car for a while, wondering if I should get out or not, but then my side of the door is yanked open, and almost immediately, I know who it is.

Swallowing, I turn.

"'Sup," I mutter nervously, looking up at Arsen. He just glares at me, his amber eyes literally glowing.

Like, a lot.

"I swear to God, Xanthe," He growls, gesturing for me to get out. I happily do so, glad he isn't mad.

"You shouldn't swear to God," I tell him as I stand up, smiling sweetly. He slams the car door shut and takes a threatening step towards me.

I squeal and turn to run but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back, my front hitting his chest.

I look up at him, his face so close to mine.

Please don't let him notice my heart beating really fast, dear Lord, oh please.

"I'll swear to whoever I want," He growls. I try to control my fainting as I feel my mind going dizzy from his intense eyes.

"That's bad," I whisper. He raises an eyebrow.

"I'm bad."

We hear a throat clearing and immediately pull away, I blink rapidly and Arsen glares.

"You're so dead for bringing her here, Kil," Arsen hisses. Killian smirks.

He called him Kil again. I can never get over that.

"I know. Now let's go," He claps his hands, his eyeliner induced eyes bright and excited.

What a contrast to Arsen's amber ones.