-Episode 9- [The Operation]

Start from the beginning

———

Harley led the way as the six of us made our way to the place. Layla scanned her thumb and the auto-sliding door parted. Gusion, Harley, Layla and I made our way through. Grock was left behind according to what we've planned. The leader hooked Layla's arm behind her back to ushered her to go in. She said there wasn't any security cameras in the area.

As we walked along the ground floor, it was empty. But something seems off...there were mirrors on the side.

'Strage...why on earth would they put mirrors there?' I thought.

Although the others seemed to pay no attention to it, I glance at my body reflection in the mirrors as I move behind everyone else. I kept observing and got myself lost into a deep thought.

'Is this a one way mirror..? If it is, it would be really smart if there were cameras or guards watching us right now from behind these mirrors...'

"Hanabi! What are you slowing down for?" Vespid called. I snapped back into reality and realized that everyone reached the elevator but me. I quickly ran up to them and we got into the elevator together.

I debated whether or not I should tell them about my theory of those mirrors. But considering what happened this morning, I couldn't find myself speaking to Gusion at all.

The lights on top of the elevator door moved from G to 1 then continued to 2 where it stopped. Layla stated that the magic cube was located on this floor. The door opened. Harley was the first one to step out followed by Layla with Gusion behind her gripping her hands from behind. Angela flew out right after and I finally stepped out following the team.

I was still in deep thought as I walked when I suddenly bumped into Gusion's back. I looked up in wonder why he stopped only to came into a realization that we were surrounded with the officers...all of them armed with guns.

My hearted experience extreme adrenaline rush attack.

"H-How..?" I heard Gusion mutter. He was shocked as well. All of us went frozen on the spot.

"Hm..?? My, my, what to have have here? The insects squad" Saber walked up to us and said. His fellow teammates followed from close behind except for Jonhson who was nowhere in sight at the moment.

'They're missing their tank, just like us. The must be a logical reason for that'

Gusion pulled Layla closer to him and positioned his sharp tail in front of her neck. "Come closer and she'll die" he warned.

"If you dare to cause harm to her, the guns will fire" Saber replied back in the same threatening tone of voice. "And you all will die"

I slowly sneaked my hands into my pocket and pressed the button on our contacting device to inform Grock. We've talked through about this before. If he received the emergency signal, he'll come to rescue us.

I stared at Angela and nodded my head a bit. She got the message and passed it to Harley and Gusion.

Harley removed one hand from his staff and placed it to his side. He balled it  released his index finger meaning to count to three. We focused on his fingers. 1...2....3! As the third finger released, Gusion yelled.

"Launch attack!"

All of us charged at the officer with guns. I released my eight nephila legs from my back and began attacking them. Layla was rescued and taken back to the Saber's side as we fought.

Right now, what matters the most is our lives. The magic cube can wait. We just need to buy some time until Grock comes in. This is a battle we cannot win for as we're outnumbered. Everything would've gone smoothly if they didn't know about our plans and unprepared. But it seemed that the SABER squad have no idea about Layla's betrayal. The expression on her face showed that she was shocked by all of this as well.

That can only explain one thing. My theory about the mirrors...were correct. But unfortunately it's too late.

"Your guns are nothing against the greatest magic!" Harley shouted and sent flowing cards and burning rings to our enemies. Some of them burnt their clothes and some were injured. Gusion was fighting with Cyclops and some other officers. Saber was holding Layla to make sure she won't get snatched away.

I, on the other hand, was keeping Rafaela busy from healing those on her side. Angela was using her ultimate skill on Harley as both of them fought.

A short moment later, Grock barged in out of the glass window and rescued us. Holy cow how did he got up to the second floor from down there?

The guns were no match for him. Grock roared and knocked them off their feet. The five of us found the opportunity and jumped out the window through the hole Grock made. We didn't land on the ground, instead, our spaceship was there waiting for us.

That explained why Grock was taking his time earlier. Emperor Scorpion quickly got into the pilot seat and took off.

Our lives were saved. I sighed and plopped down on the floor with Harley.

"Man! What the hell?!" He screamed and took off his octopus helmet.

"But...why did that happen that way?" Angela murmured sadly.

"Like hell I know"

"Do you think Layla betrayed us?"

"I knew she was too good to be true"

Discussion spread throughout the ship. None of us really knew what happened. None of us...but me.

I remained silent about the information as we got back to our lab. What would they think if they knew that I knew about it and not tell them?

Crash!!!

My ears perked up to the sound. Gusion was violently grabbing the flower vases and threw them on the ground.

Crash!!!

He lost it. Out of all of us, he was the one who was super furious about the incident. Usually it's Harley but this time...

"Emperor, calm down!" Angela flew towards him and touched his shoulders.

"Stay the fuck away from me unless you don't value your goddamn life!" He yelled. Angela was taken back. She slowly retreated and lowered her head.

I've never seen our leader so mad. The look on his face was honestly so scary I couldn't bring even myself to look at him.

How am I supposed to tell him about what I knew now?

.—————.

Don't forget to vote and comment..!!!