"I...I don't know what's going on." I stutter "m-maybe if we all calmed down..."

The man with the gun shouts me down "shut up! We're the ones asking the questions."

The leader kneels down in front of me. I can see his eyes, twinkling with mirth. "Tell us where your parents are."

My throat tightens. "Wh...What?"

"That's all we need to know. Easy, right?"

Not saying anything, I bite a scream when the man touches my face, roughly jerking my chin up so I'm forced to look into his eyes.

"Wreck the place." At his order, I hear a heavy grunt accompanied by shattered glass.

The men start overturning furniture, destruction through the whole house. Under the table, Thunder looks just as scared as I am. The second someone overturns the whole wooden frame, he's out like a shot, running out the back door and far away. (some guard dog!!)

"Now, let's try again. Your parents?" the man with the gun asked me again, still holding the gun at me.

"I swear, I don't know where they are!"

"you're making me very angry, little girl. Don't make me-"

A sharp pop roar, nearly deafening me. Recoiling back, the masked man shouts in pain, clutching his hand to his chest.

"Arghh!"

Who is it?!

"Nobody move!" A new voice says

I freeze just as I turn to see who is standing at the doorway. I expected to see a squadron of policemen in uniform coming to my rescue. Instead, a man walks in, pistol outstretched, impeccably dressed, beautiful, and at ease amidst the chaos. He turns to me.

"Stay still if you don't want the next in your skull."

Pilling out his gun, the masked leader backs away cautiously towards the kitchen. "Chris Valentine! I should have known it would be you, you son of a-!!"

Another man comes barreling through the doorway like a bat straight out of hell.

"I got this one, Chris!" He moves almost quicker than I can see, hand whipping out to grab the masked leader by his wrist and aim the gun away.

"Zayn, watch it!"

Tree shots fired in the air before the fairly young man brings his knees to the gang leader's stomach.

"Waving that gun around makes you feel like a real man, huh?" The guy named Zayn tells the masked leader.

Once the masked man bent over in pain, Zayn draws out a solid steel blade, slamming the blunt edge down on the back of the man's head, knocking him out. Who carries around a sword?!

"You can't even take a punch!" Zayn throws the man down onto the floor like he's discarding a piece of trash.

"Zayn. I told you to take care of the others." The man named Chris scowls deeply, but in response, the other man just shrugs.

"I already did. And then got bored. Besides... you gotta get up close and personal to make sure the job is done."

"oh yeah?"

His partner dusts himself off before showing off his sword. "I have this!"

"This again. And you call me lucky, it's literally a miracle somebody hasn't shot you yet."

"It's a miracle nobody's smacked the smartass out of you yet." Zayn mimics then gives me a once-over, before a sudden grin lights up his face. "Hey, don't look so scared. Isn't this an exciting way to end the party?"