Chapter 21

"Ma chere Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now we invite you to relax. Let us pull up a chair as the dining room proudly presents: your dinner!" Ben began the musical performance for family day.

Students:
Be our guest
Be our guest

Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie
And we'll provide the rest

Soup du jour
Hot hors d'oeuvres
Why, we only live to serve
Try the grey stuff
It's delicious!
Don't believe me?
Ask the dishes

Margo:
They can sing, sing sing
They can dance dance dance
After all, Miss, this is France
And the dinner here is never second best

Go on, unfold your menu
Take a glance and then you'll
Be our guest
Oui, our guest
Be our guest
C'mon, yeah be our guest, guest guest

Students:
Beef ragout
Cheese souffle
Pie and pudding en flambe
We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret

Ben:
You're alone
And you're scared
But the banquet's all prepared
No one's gloomy or complaining
While the flatware's entertaining

Students:
We tell jokes
I do tricks
With my fellow candlesticks
And it's all in perfect taste
That you can bet

Come on and lift your glass
You've won your own free pass
To be our guest
If you're stressed
It's fine dining we suggest
Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest

As they finished their number, Belle and Adam walked over to greet their children.

"That was lovely!" Belle praised as a photographer showed them where to stand for their family photo.

"Just here?" Adam asked. The family got in position for their picture.

"Oh, by the way, I have a new girlfriend. And Margo has a new boyfriend," Ben said.

"No I don't. We went on a date, and there will be more, but we're not officially dating," Margo corrected.

"Well, I'm sure it will be official soon. And Ben, well, I never wanted to say anything, but I always thought that Audrey was a little self-absorbed. A fake smile, kind of a kiss-up," Belle commented.

"A little self-absorbed?" Margo asked as her and her mom chuckled.

"Do we know your new girlfriend and date?" Adam asked.

"Well, sort of. Mal!"

"Carlos!" the two called.

The photographer snapped the photo, Belle and Adam looking utterly shocked.

"I wanna introduce you to my parents," Margo said, grabbing Carlos' hand, attempting to calm his nerves.

"This is Mal. From the island, my girlfriend," Ben introduced his new girl.

"And this is Carlos, the guy I'm going out with," Carlos' face was covered in confusion.

"Did we not make that official yet?" he asked.

"Nope," Margo responded, her cheeks turning a light pink.

"Oh, let me fix that," Carlos said as he grabbed Margo's other hand. "Margo Louise Beast, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

"Absolutely!" she responded before pulling him into a hug. Carlos hesitated, but only for a moment, before hugging her back.

"I was thinking maybe they should join us for lunch," Ben spoke as his sister and the De Vil pulled out of their hug.

"Of...course. Any friend of our kids'," Adam said, unsure.

"Can Evie and Jay come too?" Margo asked.

"Sure! The more the merrier!" Belle said enthusiastically, trying to cover up her worry.

"I'll go grab them," Mal offered.

"Uh, how about a game of croquet before lunch?" Adam asked.

"Game on," Ben challenged, fist bumping his dad.

"Game on," the king replied.

Margo turned to Carlos, "Can we just play with Dude? Croquet's really boring."

"Sure, I don't know how to play anyway," they chuckled as they walked away. "Hey, I noticed you weren't singing earlier."

"Oh, yeah, I can't sing to save my life! I can rap pretty well though."

"Really? Cause that was not a rap," Carlos teased.

"I know, I wanted it to be but the administration thought that would be too 'edgy'."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah," she responded before running off in her classic black combat boots, "catch me if you can!"

Margo and Carlos ran around the field with Dude. "Go get her! Go!" Carlos called as Dude chased his new girlfriend. He admired her as her loose curls bounced while she ran from the dog.

"You!" The new couple turned to see Queen Leah and Audrey with Mal.

Margo grabbed Carlos' hand and walked over to the commotion. "This can't be good."

"Why? Who is she?" Carlos questioned.

Margo stopped and turned to him, "Sleeping Beauty's mom."

Carlos' eyes went wide before they continued over. Ben reached the issue before they could.

"Queen Leah, it's okay. Malificent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal. Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?"

"A chance to what, Ben?" Queen Lean began. Margo and Carlos had finally reached them, a group slowly forming to watch. "Destroy us? Come on. You remember, don't you? The poison apples. And the spells. Spells. My daughter was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. So her first words, her first steps, I missed it all! You mustn't trust them. Any of them."

Mal stepped forward to apologize, "I'm so so-"

"Go away! Stay away from her!" Chad pushed in between them.

"Don't do this, Chad," Margo warned, letting go of Carlos' hand and stepping towards him, her temper rising.

"What? They were raised by their parents, Mar. What do you think villains teach their kids? Huh? Kindness? Fair play? No way, okay? Uh-uh. You stole another girl's boyfriend," Chad looked at Mal.

"Hey, hey," Ben warned.

He turned to Jay, "oh, you enjoy hurting people. You're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater," he said to Evie.

"Watch it, Chad," Margo said through gritted teeth.

Finally he turned to Carlos, "and you know, you're real gullible if you think she could ever like a villain like you."

"Back off, Chad! " Margo was yelling in his face now, done with his bullying and prejudice.

"What are you even doing here? It's family day, and news flash, you don't have one."

Time felt to Margo as if it was standing still. All she could hear was the beating of her heart and her rapid breathing and then

Smack

She punched him, full force in the nose, before running towards the woods.

Fun Fact
Margo's temper has gotten her into multiple fist fights, usually with Chad