Chapter 5

Margo made her way down the hall to her dorm. She opened the door to find her roommate, Lonnie, at her desk doing her homework. Lonnie's head snapped up at the sound of the door opening.

"Did you meet the VK's? Are they scary? Are they mean? Do they have an evil scheme planned? Are any of them cute? Details women! I need details!" Lonnie gave Margo rapid fire questions as she got up and walked over to her.

"Yes, no, Mal's a little rude but I think she's just blunt, not that I know of, yes," Margo responded nonchalantly, used to her roommate's hyper moods.

"I said details!" Lonnie begged, curious and weary about the new students.

Margo explained the events of the day, start to finish, knowing Lonnie wouldn't get off her back until she did. Although, she may have skipped mentioning how sweet a certain VK was.

"Can I go to bed now Lons? I'm tired and we have classes tomorrow," Margo asked as she walked to the dresser to grab some pajamas.

"Fine, I'm gonna finish my homework but I'll try to be quiet," and with that Margo went to bed.

~•~•~

The next morning Margo walked into Remedial Goodness late and FG had already started her lesson. She took a seat behind Carlos and Jay.

FG asked a multiple choice question while doing completely ridiculous hand gestures. "If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out it's heart? Evie?"

"What was the second one?" Evie asked FG.

"Oh, okay, anyone else? Mal?" FG continued, slightly concerned.

"C, give it a bottle," Mal replied effortlessly.

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos exclaimed.

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun," Mal explained.

The VK's all gave understanding nods and 'oh's.

"Oh. Hello dear one!" FG greeted her daughter, Jane, as she scurried into the classroom.

The VK's turned around to see Jane and, Margo? "What are you doing here Margo?" Jay asked.

"Let's just say I don't have the cleanest track record," Margo said vaguely, leaving her classmates curious.

"You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation," Jane mumbled, clearly scared of the VK's. She anxiously watched her back as she handed her mother the clipboard.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?"

"Mom, no!" Jane begged.

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone," FG said.

"Hi. That's okay, don't mind me. As you were," Jane mumbled as she rushed out of the room.

"Ahem, let's continue," FG said , grabbing everyone's attention, "You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorites?"

The VK's, minus Mal, all raised their hands. Jay shoved Carlos' hand down as FG called on him, "C, turn it over to the proper authorities."

"I was gonna say that," Carlos whined.

"But I said it first," Jay said teasingly, grabbing Carlos in a headlock, "come on, who said it first? Who said it first?" He gave the small boy a noogie as they wrestled onto the desk.

"Boys! Boys!" FG cut in, "I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field."

"Oh no, that's okay. Whatever that is, we'll pass," Carlos spoke up.

"You guys should try out, tourney's really fun," Margo piped in from behind them.

"You play?" Carlos asked, clearly interested in an excuse to spend more time with the red-headed princess.

"Yeah, it took forever to convince Coach to let me on the team since I'm a girl, but I made it eventually. Chad still hates that Coach let me join but Chad's a jerk so I really don't care," Margo answered as class ended.