Chapter 10

Margo was sitting in her dorm doing homework when her phone pinged again.

"Well I'm popular today," she said as she opened her phone.

Benji💙
Hey, I'm gonna go check on the VK's, wanna come with?

Marge💚
Sure, meet me at my dorm

Benji💙
Why your dorm? Why don't we meet at my dorm?

Marge💚
I'm on the way to the girl's dorm, remember?

Benji💙
Oh yeah

Benji💙
Be right there

Marge💚
K

Margo heard a knock on her door. She opened it to see her brother, "let's go!" She said, grabbing his arm and dragging him down the hallway.

They knocked on the door and Mal opened it quickly.

"Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering if you had any questions or anything...that...you needed..." Ben said awkwardly, getting caught up in Mal's eyes.

"Not that I know of," Mal answered.

"Okay. All right, well, uh, if you need anything, just, uh..." Ben stuttered as he began to walk away.

"Oh wait! Um, is it true we all get to go to your coronation?" She questioned.

"Yeah, the whole school goes," Margo said.

"Wow, that is beyond exciting." Mal's faked enthusiasm. "Do you think that it's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to Fairy Godmother, just so that we could soak up all that goodness?" Mal said.

"I wish you could. Up front it's just me, my parents, Mar, and my girlfriend," Ben responded.

"And my boyfriend if I had one," Margo piped in.

"Not on my watch," Ben said, his protective big brother mode kicking in.

"And your girlfriend?" Mal questioned, a plan forming in her head.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," Ben apologized.

"Okay, thanks, bye," Mal said, closing the door.

"Oh, but no, there's plenty of-" Ben was cut off by the door being slammed in his face.

"Smooth Benji," Margo said, walking back to her dorm.

"You're so mean!" Ben called after her. Margo quickly turned around to stick her tongue out at him before continuing on her way.

~•~•~

"Movie night?" Lonnie asked as soon as Margo walked in.

"Sure, popcorn?" Margo responded.

"Yeah, let's go," Lonnie said as they walked out their door towards the kitchen. Upon walking in, they saw the VK's, "There you are Mal! I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair!" Lonnie ranted as Margo put some popcorn in the microwave. "Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?"

"Nothing special, just cookies," Mal said. Margo walked over and sat on the counter between Jay and Carlos. The VK's started yelling as Lonnie dipped her finger in the bowl.

"What? I'm not gonna double dip," Lonnie promised.

"Feel anything?" Evie asked.

"Yeah, like, maybe it might be missing something?" Mal continued, trying to cover up Evie's suspicious sounding question.

"Hey there," Jay flirted after hopping off the counter and leaning against a pole in front of Lonnie.

"It could use some chips," she responded, heading towards the fridge.

"Chips?" Jay asked.

"And those are?" Mal voiced her friends thoughts.

"Only the most important food group," Margo said.

"Wait, didn't your mom ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies?" Margo gave her roommate a look, trying to get her to stop. Lonnie continued, "Like, when you're feeling sad and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just laughs and puts everything into perspective and...why are you all looking at me like that?"

"It's just, different, where we're from," Mal said sadly. Margo grabbed Carlos' hand in reassurance, causing him to blush.

"Yeah, I know, I just thought, even villains love their kids," Lonnie continued. A tear dripped down Margo's face and Carlos wiped it off with his thumb, giving her a sad smile. "Oh, how awful," Lonnie felt a tear dripping down her face as well.

Mal quickly grabbed it and threw it into the bowl, "yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really, have a good night. We'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams!" She pushed Lonnie out the door.

Margo grabbed their popcorn out of the microwave and gave everyone a two finger salute, "goodnight, evil dreams," she smirked and walked out the door. Carlos then flicked her tear off his thumb and into the batter. With two tears, those cookies were bound to be strong.