"I thought as much." Aunt Emni poured the diced carrots into a bowl. "I'll advise you to go for what comes more naturally, not because of the pay but because it's in you. Who knows, God may be trying to lead you to his purpose for your life. And about James Eke, Candid Clicks was running smoothly before you started working there, do you think it'll suddenly crash down because you left? James Eke is already a made man. It's high time you also got made. Do you understand?

"I do." Caroline nodded. Every iota of doubt Caroline had about accepting this job offer was gradually crashing down as she listened to aunt Emni.

"And one more thing." Aunt Emni smiled. "You know you don't need to hear an audible voice before you know God has spoken, right? It may just be a thought in your heart that's in line with scripture or it could be through a dream, it could also be through other people or maybe a video you're watching. God speaks through diverse means."

Caroline was awed at the wisdom coming from her aunt's. Everything she said made complete sense to her. "I've learned a lot from you in so little a time. Thank you, aunt Emni."

"It's what I'm here for, darling."

Aunt Emni glanced at the clock. "Hey, it's twelve already. You should start preparing for lunch. I'll finish things up here."

Caroline wished she could stay and help, but time was not on her side.

"I'll see you later." She said as she went to shower.

~~~

At the sound of the doorbell, Caroline hurried to open the door. Lois Luke was a few minutes early, elegantly dressed as usual. Caroline in her whitewashed jeans and white t-shirt felt intimidated by Lois in her black, leather pencil gown with gold loafers and a matching bag. But Lois' smile told Caroline that she wasn't here for a dressing competition. Lois had taken this meeting serious but Caroline had taken it casual, the way they dressed said it all. Caroline felt like hurrying to change into something else but she knew that would look somehow.

"Caroline." Aunt Emni called from the parlor. "Aren't you going to let her in?"

"Oh." Caroline moved aside making way for Lois. "I'm sorry." She smiled awkwardly causing Lois to laugh.

"Good afternoon, ma." Lois Greeted aunt Emni.

"Welcome, honey." Aunt Emni hugged Lois. "Please have a seat, make yourself comfortable."

"I'll be right back." Caroline rushed to wear her shoes and pack her hair. Packing her hair took more time than necessary because of the nature of her thick hair which was due for relaxing. She picked up her purse and hurried to the parlor. Aunt Emni and Lois were engrossed in whatever they were discussing.

"So, when is the wedding?" Aunt Emni asked.

"In three weeks." Lois grinned.

"Three weeks! That's closer than I expected. I hope the preparations are going well. Have you gotten your gown?"

"Yes. It's one of the most beautiful wedding gowns I've seen. Caroline designed it." She smiled at Caroline.

"Are you serious?" Aunt Emni gave Caroline a questioning look. "You didn't tell me it was her wedding gown you designed."

"I did. You probably forgot."

"No. You didn't. You only said you designed her dress."

"My bad." Caroline smiled.

"Make sure you send me pictures okay? I'd love to see your gown." Aunt Emni said to Lois.

"Pictures?" Lois looked confused. "Aren't you coming?"