Chapter 32 : The END

Kai's POV:

We continued to silently communicate with the help of our eyes. And hopefully I wasn't giving any wrong signals. It's too soon for anything man.

Sera and Sehunn interrupted and asked if we knew each other. I was gonna say yes when she said no. She pleaded with her eyes and Oof. I should feel rejected but she's so cute.

I think I have a new crush. Gosh Kai, you're such a hoe.

After an hour later, we were all gathered in Sehun's house and an awkward silence lingered until Shabby spoke out.
"Why do I feel like I don't know something? "

Sehun tried explaining her everything in short. The key word being 'tried' cause man it took an hour to complete minus the snack breaks in between because apparently Shabby felt hungry
Cute.

" So you're trying to tell me that I'm supposed to be Kai's pretend girlfriend so that Sera and Kai don't have to be a real couple? You do know that sounds crazy, right? Can't Sera just explain to her parents though. You guys are too young "

Sehun's snorted "Says the girl who was joking about babies a while ago"

We all glared at Sehun for the wrong timing. "Hey I was joking too"

I rolled my eyes and looked at Sera. This whole situation was so messed up to be honest. " I think Shabby is right. Sera you should just tell your parents that you like Sehun and Sehun likes you. I'm pretty sure that they'll be so happy for you that they won't care about the deal"

Sera nodded but was still hesitant. " I just don't want them to lose everything for me"

Shabby held her hand and said " Money isn't everything for them. Sera they are your parents. And it's your life. My cousin is stupid and all but I can see how much he loves you and I know he'll keep you happy. He deserves a chance. You deserve a chance. And instead of resorting to stupid cliché plans to make this happen, let's just be honest to everyone "

Her words made so much sense that I couldn't help but add " All of us in this room is privileged with money but does money have any use without the persons we care about. I mean look at me. I have lost parents for it. It ruined all the happiness I wanted as a child. And I learned it the hard way that it really doesn't matter if you live without money but it matters if you live without love, happiness and family. My father wouldn't understand because he doesn't have any love in himself. Don't let him ruin yours"

Nobody said anything. I wasn't used to sharing emotions with others but I've never felt more at ease. Suddenly Sera stood up and started to leave.

" Where are you going " Sehun said.

" I'm going to tell my parents about us and you should come too"

Sehun made a panicky face "Right now? "

Sera nodded and grinned" What? Are you having second thoughts about being with me? I thought you loved me"

"No of course not.. But what do I tell your parents? I mean are they gonna take it well? I think I should go and apply some perfume-"

Sera laughed and pulled her with him. "I'm rooting for you both" Shabby shouted after him.
After they left, it was just me and her. And my stupid mind couldn't think of anything to say. Our silence was cut off by her stomach rumling. I laughed and she joined.

" So I guess you're hungry. Want me to cook for you? "

She looked at me skeptically " Do you even know how to cook? "

I smirked at her"You'll be surprised" . I went to Sehun's pantry and luckily it was stocked. I made a beef lasagna. Yeah. I was going all out to impress her. And she was impressed after all.

"Could you be any more perfect? " she said after the second bite. I grinned at her. We talked about her life in the states, her overprotective dad and her past partying ways. It was a little unsettling that she wouldn't tell me how many exes she had. And honestly I don't think she counted it even. But somehow it doesn't change anything for me. I'm awfully attracted to her. We talked a lot about me too. And for the first time in my life, I didn't mind sharing everything about me to another person. She made it so easy. She knew the perfect thing to say with no hint of pity.

As the night rolled in, I hoped everything went well for Sehun and Sera too. Today was one Hella day and somehow it marked a new beginning for me, for all of us.

Seven years later

I was taking the beef lasagna out of the oven and set it on the counter for Shabby to plate it. It had became a signature dish for our get togethers.

Needless to say, Sera's parents were very happy for her and quickly rejected me as their son-in-law. (Lol)
I had a conversation with my dad and moved out forever. For some reason, my dad didn't take back his investments which I was so grateful for otherwise I'd felt bad for Sera and her family. And after a few days on Sera's birthday, Sehun asked her out in a grand ordeal. Man. How many times can you confess to a person. They decided to take it slow and date until they felt sure about each other. And they were so in love All throughout high school that it was nauseating. They went to different college and yet nothing changed at least I didn't see any change but Sehun wouldn't stop whining and as a nice roommate I had to deal with that very often. And two years ago, on the day of Sera's graduation ceremony Sehun proposed and got married two months later.

Unlike their love life, mine wasn't steady and without bumps. In fact, me and Shabby had obstacles line up and we made through all of those together. Shabby was supposed to leave to New York after two months of visit. But we fell in love pretty quick and I wasted no time in asking her out. It was a perfect date and I ended it up with a perfect confession. How could she say no to perfect me. Haha. Jokes aside, I was scared shitless for her answer. That wasn't the bad part though. The bad part was meeting her father the day after. He literally flew in his jet plane half way across the world to see his daughter's boyfriend. I mean I was flattered and all but he was pretty scary. Shabby was allowed to stay with Sehun in Seoul and study with us but I was placed with lots of ultimatums and threats which I don't wanna tell out loud. Everything was going smooth until I knocked her up on the first year of her college. Her dad was so angry at me that me and shabby had to make a short trip to Bali so that I quote 'her baby daddy is alive with her'. I popped the question during her trip and made her understand that I wasnt marrying for the baby but because I was genuinely ready and would be happy to be committed with her. That Gave me some brownie points from her dad and we had a beautiful beach wedding after a month. She took a year off so that she could give birth to our beautiful baby boy JUNE and graduated a year later than all of us.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a back hug from someone. I smiled as I instantly knew it was my wife partly because her belly came in between the hug.
"Is June asleep? "

" Yes. He totally goes after you. A few strokes in the head and he is fast asleep "
Our doorbell rang on cue. I took my oven gloves off and said
" I'll get the door. Don't lift anything heavy in the meantime "

I opened the doors to see our guests of tonight. Sera gave me a bouquet while Sehun was holding their newborn child Alice. If you look at them now, you'd never know how crazy their love story has been.

Sehun raised one of his eyebrows" Dude move aside, will you? "

I laughed and quickly let them in after peeking at the newborn baby. Their daughter was so adorable and I hoped to have a daughter this time. Such an angel.

" Where's everyone else? We're first again, right? Why are our friends not punctual at all? That's it. I'm having dinner without them "
Shabby laughed and joined in with Sehun in the conversation. I couldn't believe my life now. I had a future I never thought I would. Somehow along this journey I found a love story of my own.

The END