Chapter 22 : I'm sorry

Sera's POV :

Some hours passed as I sat in the beach  blinking tears equal to an ocean while staring at the sky until my eyes also started to hurt . Maybe I am never supposed to be happy in my fate .. I was dumb to think that my sufferings were finally coming to end . I should just try to somehow survive life's cruel games . Why fight to love or be happy when I'm not even supposed to ?

My phone ringed showing "Areum❤️" in the screen cover and I let it ring with no intention of picking up like the other calls from Taehee , Minhee  and Ahri . They were probably very pissed because I'm late and 'going to' ditch our nightover but I'm completely drained emotionally.

I was feeling just too hurt to even text . I forced myself to send Areum a quick "I'm not coming , something came up ." They called some more times until giving up . Giving up ... Like I was giving up love ..

I swallowed the lump in my throat and said to myself that 'I should be more strong ' However , those words did nothing to ease my pain away .. Instead it made me weak , sad and depressed about everything . That's all I could do , be sad ...

I stood up with a blank face shutting everyone and everything out and headed back to the house thinking about the reason I've taken my decision. One of my reasons were supposed to be to move on . But it wasn't .. No part of me wanted to move on . And if moving on included getting Sehun out of my heart then I was strictly against it . But I remembered Dad's words ... I remembered when I cried in every parents-teachers meeting of results because inspite of having parents , I was treated like an orphan . I was teased by all other classmates but Sehun always stood with me . He was- no no ... No thinking of him .

How cold hearted must my parents have been to leave their only daughter alone with caretakers since she was just 8 ! Dad's words gave me hope that maybe they also felt bad about do-doing this to me ... Maybe this marriage would make them love me mo-more . I quickly wiped away my tears although no one could see them cause it was almost 10' pm at night .

I smiled a bitter laugh of how desperate I've always been for love .. Being loved . And the only person who had made me felt like that was Sehun and I would have to break all my ties with him . Because I knew for a fact that If I was to get married , then I couldn't be his friend because that would just hurt too much . He will probably- I shook my head trying to lessen the pain I felt .He probably wouldn't even care. But I still want to tell him first . As much as I want to give the news to my friends but I just have to tell Sehun first . But I'm scared- I'm scared of the hurt I will feel when he will be happy for me or congratulate me . A tear left my eyes unwillingly and I harshly wiped it realizing I was standing outside my house . Taking a deep breath , I managed a fake smile to convince my parents that I was happy to reconsider their decision .

I slowly opened the door managing to enter without making a noise . I was not surprised that the door was opened . It was maybe from the time I ran out or when Kai came behind me . I really hope that they have left because I wanted to talk to my parents alone .

I suddenly heard a noise and looked to find my mom sobbing as she was harshly dialing numbers in the telephone. What happened ???? I was having an internal debate inside myself about how I should make her notice my presence. She looked very distressed .

"Uh- Mom .. What happene-" My question left unspoken because mom ran to me and hugged me so tight that I could barely breath . "Where have you been ? We were so worried . Are you hurt ? Why are you so late ? Do you feel fine though ? " she bombarded me with question and checked my body for any wound .