Chapter 20: Alex

"Ready, start!" Obi yells. I was confused. Someone ran up to me, he had dark brown hair and was wearing some old clothes. I dodged out of his way and he immediately fell over. I placed a knife near his neck. "I win." I told him. One after another, we fought and fought.

All of a sudden, I was pinned to the ground. It was a guy with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. His hair was really short and his appearance was a little frightening. The man pinned me down by grabbing my wrist and pushing it to the ground. He had a really tight grip and it hurt. I wanted to scream.

He grabbed the knife and raised it above me. His eyes were filled with anger. Obi was still fighting the last person, but he held his hands out, signifying his opponent to stop.

He walked over and saw the look in the man's eyes. Obi's eyes widened as he pushed me out of the way. We were both safe. As I looked over to where the man was, there was a knife in the ground. The entire blade was in the ground.

"You four, restrain the man." Obi commanded. "Are you alright?" I looked at my wrist to see a huge black and blue. "I'm alright. I just need to make a medicine later." I tried to tell Obi.

"Show me where you're hurt."

"No, I'm fine. I promise."

"Show me."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Alright." I showed him my bruise. He told me to get it treated while he disciplines the man.

I walked into the medical wing to see Ryu still there and Garak having a beer. "What are you doing here, Shirayuki?" Ryu asked me. "I just got a bruise. I'm alright. I'm just here to clean it up." I told him. "Let me see. Let me see." Garak begged. I showed her and she immediately applied medicine. "Keep it moist and don't let it get too warm." (Again, none of the statements are true to my knowledge)

When I walked back to my room, Obi was waiting. He told me that he put the man under security and that his name is Alex. Alex had a friend and a brother that were guards. One died and the other one was severely injured.

Obi told me to go with him. I followed him and then realized that we were at Zen's office. "Why are we here?" I asked him. "That man is dangerous. He should probably not become a guard. It's like letting a killer become a teacher."

"Hey there, Master"

"What do you want, Obi?"

"I have a request." Obi went all serious. He told Zen what happened. With my wrist and everything. When he heard about my wrist, he got up and grabbed my arm. He pulled down my sleeve. He looked relieved to see that the wound was treated. "I'm glad that you're okay." He told me. I blushed a little.

He sat back down and said that he would deal with it. We went back to our rooms and tried to sleep. My arm was aching a whole bunch. I rolled around and tried to get comfortable. As I closed my eyes, I heard a knock at the door. "Are you awake?"

It was Zen. I got up and opened the door. "Can I come in?" He asked me. We sat down on the couch. It was quiet. Zen broke the silence "I have to tell you something,"

Aight, that's all I'm leaving it at for now. Bye bye