Chapter 24: Inn

We were traveling for quite a while and it is starting to get dark. "Well start here. Everyone, put your horses around the back of that building. We are going to spend the night in there." Zen said while pointing at the inn in the distance.

I have to admit, I was very hungry and a little dehydrated. The drowsiness was getting to me slowly. "Miss, are you okay?" Obi startled me. "Yes, yes I'm fine." I told him.

We put the horses in the back of the building. When we went in the place, it didn't seem like a good place. There were intimidating people, and we looked like a great target. "Four rooms that can hold three people, please." Zen told the man at the front desk.

Zen handed the man some money, but didn't get his change. "It's a tip," the man said with a smirk as he took Zen's change and put it in his pocket. The man had a raspy voice and had shaved a small portion of his hair.

Obi and I had to share a room. "I don't know why Master crammed us together. A woman should have her privacy." He said. "We could've ended up with another person in the room and it could've been worse," I chuckled.

The room was pretty dusty and had a small window. The bathroom was very dirty. I realized that I would still have to shower in there. I didn't know if I would get clean or more dirty if I took a shower in there.

I took a shower, then Obi. "Master said he wants to see us in the lobby," Obi told me. We went downstairs to find Zen with everyone else. They were talking and I saw them laughing. Zen made eye contact with me and smiled. I lightly blushed as he told a waiter for a table for eleven.

As we ate dinner, Zen was talking with everyone and getting recommendations on how we can improve our time. Zen treats people the same, even if he's a higher rank than them. He would listen to a soldier's idea and actually consider it, unlike some other royalty.

After we ate dinner, I told Obi that I was going to sleep. He said that he was going to stay up a little longer. I nodded off to sleep, knowing that I was safe.

I'm back. Sorry I missed last week. Here's the new chapter. Thanks for all the reads and I'm hoping we can make it to 1k soon.