Chapter 13: A Strike of Friendship

I actually woke up early today. I went outside my room bye about 6:30 AM. Obi was waiting outside and gave me a tour of the castle. The place was huge. He showed me where the guest rooms were, the offices, one of the huge courtyards, and the prison entrance. We walked back to the training grounds by almost 8 o'clock and walked into Kiharu.

She had her bird flying. They marveled as the bird returned to its owner's arm, "Hey Ms.Kiharu, how are you? Are you feeling better?" I asked. "Much better, thank you. Also, you can drop the miss and just call me Kiharu."

"Glad to hear that. You're really good with that bird. How do you do that?"

"Well, we use these bells that tell the birds where to go. They are commonly found where I'm from. I'm here to talk to the prince about helping these birds that are being killed too rapidly. He's probably not going to do anything about it though."

"What do you mean?"

"Isn't all royalty that neglect their land and are selfish."

"You'd be surprised that Prince Zen isn't like that."

"We'll see. Friends?" she reached out her hand and I shook it. I asked her if she wanted to get lunch together and we agreed on tomorrow. I got to the medical wing early and started making coffee.

The day was normal. One or two patients came in and I did some studying. I left after awhile and started to train with Obi.

He was teaching me how to jump from tree to tree quietly. I was learning, but not too fast. We ended up having one match against each other. Obi was the first to make a move.

He tried to punch me, but I dodged his arm and grabbed it. I tried to flip him over. He landed on his feet which caught me off guard. Obi then got out a knife and threw it near me to intimidate me. I jumped over the knives and tried to get closer to him. I jumped from a tree and tried to grab him by the neck. "I win" he smirked. He was able to catch me and put a knife at my neck at the same time.

"Shall we get something to eat?" Obi asked. I nodded. We ended up having chicken with spinach for dinner. I started to space out as we were on our way back to my dorm. "Is it okay if we go visit Prince Zen? I have a favor to ask." I asked Obi. He gave me the okay and we went to Zen's office.

"Can Obi have the room next to mine? He's been sleeping in the hallway for the last few days and has nowhere else to sleep." I asked Zen. He agreed and let Obi have the room. His room was smaller, but it still had a bed and a few dressers.

"Well, I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow." I said goodbye to Obi. "See ya." He replied

Yay! I finished the chapter half way through the week. Does anybody have any ideas because I'm starting to run out.