Chapter 10: Innocent

"Day 1..." I said. "There was a murder at a cafe. I took a blood sample and found venom in their veins. The person also had three bullet holes in them, all where major veins are. The bullet holes were caused by a pistol which requires a permit to use. The bullets had to have been covered in venom which was probably done by a hunter. Therefore, only a hunter could have killed them." I stated.

"How do we know that you're not a hunter?" Zen asked. "When I was found, I had several herbs on me. No guns or swords. Anyways, day 2..."

"There was a carriage and one man. The man had alcohol in his system. I looked into the back of the carriage and saw that there was only one bottle of alcohol left. Since it was in the middle of the road, the man must've gotten too drunk and crashed or died in their sleep." I said.

Zen looked at me, amazed. I blushed a little and pulled my notepad closer to my face. "Day 3..."

"The man was on the older side and it looked like he was homeless. He was extremely frail and dried out. He had died of dehydration."

"Yeah, but what caused it?" Zen asked. I resisted rolling my eyes. "He was homeless so he might have not been able to eat or drink. Day 4..."

"There was a woman in the woods that had a few stab wounds. She was found not very far from where you found me. When I went to go examine the body, I flipped the person over. There was a knife with the date carved on it. They date was September 17th. I was caught on September 27th. Obi told me that the body was there for less than a week, meaning it was there anywhere from September 21-September 27th. September 17th was long before I was in the woods."

Zen still seemed impressed. "D-day 5..." I stuttered. 'Why did I stutter?' I yelled at myself.

"There was a pawn shop with two dead people. One was dead in the back room, but the other was dead in the break room. In the pawn shop, there were all kinds of knives that could only be accessed behind the counter. One worker was stabbed in the head and there was a trail of blood to the break room. In the break room, there was another dead person in the break room hold a knife in their hand with a stab wound in their heart. Furthermore, the worker killed a coworker then themself."

Zen looked at the notes I had. "Wow..." He said. "I think this proves it all, but I'm gonna need you to stay at the castle for a little longer. Also, I'll give you a better room near the training grounds." I nodded, but I was excited.

That night, Obi and I trained. "You did really good under all of the pressure." He complimented me. "Thanks" Obi ended up winning against me. "You're getting better at defending, but your offense still needs some work." He said.

I was relaxing in my new room. It was fully furnished with dressers, mirrors, a desk, some chairs, a queen sized bed, and a couch. I sat down at my desk. I was just sitting there. I heard a knock at the door. "Coming!" I yelled. I opened the door only to find Zen. "May I come in?" He asked. I nodded as he sat down on the couch. "I have a question for you." I stayed silent.

"Would you... like a job here?" He asked. "Really?" I asked. I couldn't believe that I could get a job here. "A few days ago, when the castle was attacked, you helped the others in the medical wing. Would you like to become a herbalist?" I nodded. I was so happy.

"I have already done the paperwork and everything so all you have to do is show up to the medical wing tomorrow. Obi will still be your personal guard." Zen said. "Zen? Where are you? Zen!" I heard somebody yell in the hallway. "Dang it, they found me." He jumped from the window and ran.

Somebody else knocked on the door, "Zen, are you in there?" I opened the door to find the blonde from before. "Have you seen Zen?" She asked. I nodded my head. "He just left." I said. I didn't want to start off in the castle by being a liar. "Which way did he go?" She asked.

"Out the window."

"Damn it, Zen. I'm Kiki by the way. Nice to meet you."

She didn't shake my hand or anything. She just jumped out of the window. I sighed and closed my window. 'Is this how it's always going to be in the castle' I thought.

So... this was a long chapter. When I was writing the part where Shirayuki was proving herself not guilty, I felt like I was the one having to prove that I wasn't guilty. Idk why though.