Chapter 3: Day 1

Once I was let off castle grounds, Zen sent one guard to watch me at all times. At the exit, there was a forest that led to the town. The forest didn't seem like it was really long.

"May I be brought to one of the crime scenes?" I asked one of the guards. He was pretty tall and he looked like he was in his early 20s. His eyes were like a cat's. He wasn't wearing clothes like the rest of the guards around the castle. He brought me to one of the café in the town. I looked at the deceased person and I saw something horrific.

They were pale. Extremely pale. They had three or four bullet holes and there was poison in their system. It was a women with light brown hair. She had some clothes that a commoner would have. I asked the knight, "when was she killed?"

"Six days ago or so" the knight stated. I've never been inside a café. I've only seen what it looks like through the glass windows. "How many other deaths are there?"

"Five"

"And I don't think I ever got your name"

"It's Obi"

So I have five more days to examine five deaths and then the last day I'll gather all of my information. I took out a notepad and started examining the body. I took a blood sample and tested it. The poison that was in the women's blood was venom. I don't know how someone could've gotten a hold of venom unless she was bitten by a snake or a spider.

The bullet holes seemed to be caused by a pistol. I don't know how I could've gotten a hold of the venom or a shotgun. Nearby, there was a weapons shop. I went in there and asked a worker, "how much is it for a pistol?" The worker replied, "you need to get a permit and pay for the permit, but the pistol is about a hundred dollars." A hundred? I don't have that kind of money. So the murderer must have had a permit.

The café had been closed for a couple of days. The dried blood had probably stained the wood planks used for flooring. The smell of blood was faint, but there was a scent. I'm sure Obi smells it too.

When I was done examining the women, I had five notes. 1. Venom in blood. 2. Four bullet holes. 3. Bullet holes caused by pistol. 4. Death at café. 5. Pistols require permits. When I was all done with my observation, I left the café and went back to the castle. I wasn't allowed to leave the castle anytime I wanted to, only at certain times.

Obi had to guard me at all times. I washed my hair when I saw some mud in it and I collapsed onto my bed. After all of the events today, it's finally time to go to sleep. I drifted to sleep quickly.

I was awoken in the middle of the night with a loud bang. There was a series of bangs, like gunshots. I look out my window. It looked to be about two in the morning. I heard someone opening my door. I was scared. Really scared.

I opened the window. I turned around just as the door opened and saw someone. I couldn't tell who it was so I jumped out of the window. My room was on the second floor so it was about thirty feet tall. When I jumped, I grabbed onto a branched and swung myself enough to jump and not get hurt. I ran to the exit and hid in the forest. I was alone again, but this time with nothing.

I sat in the forest and cried. Someone came behind me and grabbed me. I squirmed and I heated the man say "calm down, Miss (Shirayuki)" I looked behind me. It was Obi. I looked at him. "You were crying, weren't you?" He said. "What happened at the castle?" I asked.

"We were under attack. I don't really appreciate that you tried to run away."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. We just have to get back before anyone notices we're gone."

"Are the enemies gone?"

"Yes, but we have a few injured."

"I can help"

Obi brought me back to the castle and brought me to Zen. He said that I asked to help. "What can she help with?" Zen asked. "I'm a herbalist. I can help with the injured."

Zen let me help. Obi guided me to the medical wing. There were two other people there. One seemed to be about twelve or thirteen and the other was in their twenties. I helped a few people. Some had a gun wound and others had minor injuries.

By the time we were done, I was ordered to go back to my cell. Obi came along with me. I got back into my cell that was like a bedroom and fell asleep.

I think i might post again this week, but not post next week. Either way, I'll post soon.