"Oh yeah, I forgot I told you. Now that the match is getting closer, I'm getting nervous. I don't want to mess this up bro. I want to get it right today," Trent stressed with his last few words.

Joe hummed, nodding his head. "I hear what you're saying, Trent. It's normal for someone like you to be nervous asking someone like Wins out."

Trent rolled his eyes, breaking out into a smile as he pulled his jersey on. "Such wise words of encouragement, Joe. I appreciate it."

"No problem, bro. I'm always around if you need it," Joe laughed, patting his shoulder in reassurance. "As a matter of fact, I'll give you more right now. Hey everyone!"

"No, no! Joe, what's are you doing?!" Trent whispered in a hushed tone but it was too late for the defender as Joe managed to grasp the curiosity of the team within the matter of virgin seconds. The heavy music that flowed through a player's speakers was silenced, the soft conversations that occurred in every corner of the changing room came to abrupt halts.

"Guys, Trent has some exciting news to share with all of you," Joe smirked, trying his best to contain his laughter.

"Alright then," he sighed in defeat, knowing very well the glare of publicity wasn't going to step off him anytime soon. "I asked Wynter on a date—"

His sentence didn't even get a proper chance to escape from his mouth due to the precipitated outburst that came from his teammates who let out cries of excitement and relief.

"Oh my God, I knew they were eventually going to happen!"

"We all did. It was so obvious."

"But just remember that I'm the one who called it first!"

"Nobody cares about that anymore. All that matters is that the babies of the team are getting together!"

"I knew our boy Trent would make a move before the end of September. Pay up Gini!"

"Naby, you're a professional football player. You're not getting any of my money!"

Trent stood in front of his teammates, pure confusion smeared on his facial features. "You guys bet on Winnie and me?!"

"I mean, yeah. We kind of saw you two coming from a mile away so we decided to have a bit of fun with it," Naby shrugged as if everything he just exclaimed was nothing new.

When he sensed Trent's confusion with the situation, Bobby stepped it. "Trent, I can't lie to you, you don't exactly hide your feelings very well."

"Really?"

"Yes, like even just the mention of Winnie you get all smiley," Dejan pointed out, causing Trent's cheeks to tint lightly with blush. The Croatian player let out a soft chuckle. "See, what did I say?"

"Wait, hold on a second. You didn't finish what you were saying." Mo said.

"Oh yeah. As I was saying, a few days ago I asked Wynter to go on a date with me and she said, yes if we will today's match. So if we don't win then I have to wait until we win our next match."

"Then we better win today, isn't that right lads?"

A few expressions of happiness escaped from the scouse's mouth. The sight of his teammates hyping up over his idea to pursue Wynter made his heart flutter with gratitude. It clearly displayed that he could depend or fall back on them if he needed that excess support to successfully get the girl.

However, if something were to somehow go wrong he knew that he'd have the boys on his back especially Jordan and Virgil. Even with a month-age gap between Wynter and Trent, the boys still managed to deem Wynter as the baby of the team and because of this, they grasped the parental characteristics towards her whenever she was disturbed by an opposing player out on the pitch. There were certain things that the french player shared with the team and others she silently discussed with the captain of the team and the Dutchman only.