23 - Boy In The Bubble

It was 6:48. I was walking home, stepped to the gate and I'm all alone. I had chicken on my plate but the food was cold, and I covered up my face so that no one knows I didn't want trouble. I'm the boy in the bubble. But then came trouble. When my mom walked into the living room, she said "boy, you have to tell me what they did to you!" I said, "you don't want to know the things I've had to do." She said "son, you gotta tell me why you're black and blue." I didn't want trouble. I'm the boy in the bubble. But then came trouble. And my heart was pumping, my chest was screaming, my mind was running, the air was freezing. I put my hands up and told this kid "I'm ready for a fight." Punch my face! Do it because I like the pain~. Every time you curse my name, I know you'll want the satisfaction but that's not going to happen. Knock me out and kick me when I'm on the ground. It's only going to let you down. Come the lighting and the thunder, you're the one who'll suffer. Well, I squared him up with my chest exposed. He threw a quick left hook and it broke my nose. I had thick red blood running down my clothes and a sick look. I like it though. I didn't want trouble. I'm the boy in the bubble. But then came trouble. And my heart was pumping, my chest was screaming, my mind was running, my nose was bleeding. I put my hands up and told this kid "I'm ready for a fight." Punch my face! Do it because I like the pain. Every time you curse my name, I know you'll want the satisfaction but that's not gonna happen. Knock me out and kick me when I'm on the ground. It's only going to let you down. Come the lighting and the thunder, you're the one who suffers. It was 6:48, he was walking home with the blood on his hands from my broken nose, but, like every other day, he was scared to go back to his house because his pops was home drowning his troubles in whiskey bubbles. Just looking for trouble. Well there's no excuse for the things he did, but there's a lot at home that he's dealing with because his dad's been drunk since he was a kid. I hope one day he'll say to him "put down those bubbles and that belt buckle in this broken bubble..." Punch my face! Do it because I like the pain. Every time you curse my name, I know you'll want the satisfaction, but that's not going to happen. Knock me out and kick me when I'm on the ground. It's only going to let you down. Come the lightning and the thunder, you're the one who'll suffer.

Suffer.

//lyrics and song by Alec Benjamin.

//word count: 500 words