Ch. 21

Published on: 2/14/20

Happy Valentine's Day

Words: 3,309

Raina POV

"Take me?" Hagrid said confused. "Take me where? Not Azkaban prison," he said and I stood up. "No! I won't let you take him there," I said and I put an ice wall between Hagrid, me, and Cornelius Fudge. "Hagrid is innocent. I spend every hour of every minute of the day after classes with him. I don't get to my dorm until 11 at night until just recently when we've had to finish work earlier than usual. He wouldn't have had the time to..." I was cut off my by father walking into the hut. "Raina, stop being foolish and bring down that wall," he ordered but I stayed put. "What are you doing here? Get out of my house," said Hagrid to my dad. "Believe me, I take no pleasure being inside your h...You call this a house?" he asked looking around. "No. I simply called up the school and was told the headmaster was here," he said. I continued having my wall up. Not even for my dad would I let them take Hagrid to Azkaban. I tuned out the rest of the conversation since I didn't want to hear my father being so cruel. He hats muggle-borns and knows that with Dumbledore gone there will killings. He wants muggle-borns to die and I can't face that side of my father. I love him too much to face that side of his. But I know one day soon, I will have too.

"Raina, I won't repeat myself. Take. Down. That. Wall." he said angrily. I turned away from him as tears fell down my face. Hagrid put his hand on my shoulder "Raina, take it down," he said and I shook my head. "You're innocent. I know you are. I know the truth about that day 50 years ago. You were framed. It was..." before I could finish he brought me into a hug and I continued crying "It's alright Raina. You know that truth and you believe me. I'll be back soon," he said and I nodded. I wiped my tears away and took down the wall. I walked next to Dumbledore as we headed towards the castle. Hagrid said some words to Harry and Ron and then came out of the house. Once we reached the castle Dumbledore said to me "Will you get there alright?" I nodded "I'll be fine," I said and left to the common room. I took the secret passageways and made it to my dorm without any interference. I lied down on my bed and decided to ask Harry and Ron what they found out tomorrow since I'm very tired.

The next morning I met up with Harry and Ron and asked them what they found out. They told me everything. I cringed when I heard they managed to get away because of a runaway carriage. They told me that they found out that Hagrid was truly innocent 50 years ago. We decided to go check on Hermione in the hospital wing after classes, "Wish you were here, Hermione. We need you. Now more than ever," Harry said. I saw the sun going down and turned to the other two "I have to go guys. Someone has to do Hagrid's job while he's gone," I said and left. Once out I made a few clones so they could do the chores while I followed Harry and Ron with my invisibility cloak on. I saw them come out with the paper that I found on Hermione. "'Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who met this giant serpent's eyes. Spiders flee before it.' Ron this is it. The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a basilisk. That's why Raina and I can hear it. It's a snake," Ron seemed confused "But if it kills by looking people in the eye, why is it n one's dead?" he asked and Harry started thinking. "Because no one did look it in the eye. Not directly, at least," he said as they started walking again.

"Colin saw it through his camera. Justin must have seen the basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick. Nick got full blast but he's a ghost, he can't die again. And Hermione had the mirror. I bet you anything, she was using it look around corners in case it came along," Harry explain and I was impressed. He's not that dense after all. "And Mrs. Norris? I'm pretty sure she didn't have a camera or a mirror, Harry," now this one I need to know. I haven't been able to figure this one out "The water," he said and the realization hit me. "There was water on the floor that night. She only saw the basilisks reflection," "But how's the basilisk been getting around. A dirty great snake. Someone would have seen it," Ron said and Harry looked at the corner of the paper. "Hermione's solved that too," he said showing it to Ron. "Pipes? It's using the plumbing," Ron said looking around him. Then an announcement came on and we ran to where the teachers were meeting. Once there, we saw writing on the wall. "As you can see, The Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. Two students have been taken into the chamber itself," McGonagall said. "The students must be sent home. I'm afraid that this is the end of Hogwarts," she finished. I noticed Lockhart come in and ignored him. I noticed that Snape might try to hide his sadness but it was still there. Lockhart left and Pomfrey asked: "Who is it that the monster's taken, Minerva?" McGonagall looked down. "Raina Malfoy and Ginny Weasley," she said and I was confused. I mind linked to all my clones and noticed one was gone. I checked her memories and saw that she was with Ginny when they were taken. Snape looked heartbroken. It's moments like these when I know he does care for his students. I was finally able to see the writing on the wall clearly 'Their skeletons will lie in the Chamber forever' it said.