Meeting a Muggle and Christmas

Published on: 11/11/19

Words: 2,457

Lucy/Raina POV

I am currently eight years old. The last five years have been somewhat fun. Draco and I are still close and dad has been around more, whenever I can, I go to the Weasleys' place and hang out with them for a while. The first few times I went to their house, they were wary of me but after a while, they got used to me being around and we've become good friends. I'm helping Ginny try new styles of clothes because I can't stand seeing her in those old clothes. Every Christmas for the last few years I would always give each Weasley one pair of new clothes or shoes. I tell them this is me being caring for them and thanking them for allowing me to be around them so much since I know how much they hate Malfoys. It isn't me they hate, it's the name and my father. Which I understand because even I don't like dad sometimes.

Anyway, I had just finished my early studies on potions and spells. Mom has been teaching us so we could wouldn't fall behind when we begin school in three years. I've already passed my muggle studies, which is basic math, reading comprehension, science, and social studies. I also learned to play many new instruments since I told mom and dad that I was very bored and it wouldn't hurt to learn to play some of the muggle instruments that I'm able to hold. I can play the flute, piano, guitar, bass, violin, and I even sing sometimes. Mom likes hearing me sing and dad says that it's calming when I sing for him. Help's him forget about his day.

So right now, I'm heading towards the park to play since it's nearby and mom said I could. I saw a few muggles playing around as well but I made my way to the swings. I swung for a while before I saw a ginger-haired girl being picked on. I got off the swing and made my way over to them. "Hey! Leave her alone!" I yelled at them and pushed them away from her. They scoffed and walked away. I knelt by the girl and helped her pick up her stuff "Are you ok?" I asked her and she nodded. I saw tears in her eyes and took out a napkin from my bag and gave it to her. "Why were they picking on you?" I asked her "They call me a know-it-all just because I'm at the top of the class and they don't like it," I frowned and patted her on the back. "I'm Raina Malfoy, and you?" I asked her. "Hermione Granger, thank you for helping me," she said and I nodded. "No problem, so where were you headed with all those books?" I asked and she blushed of embarrassment.

"To the library, it's near here which is why I cut through the park," I nodded and whistled. I took out a paper and wrote on it. A bird soon landed on my arm after and I tied the note to its leg "Take it to the Malfoys, please," the bird flew away and I looked at Hermione "How did you do that?" she asked "It's a family thing. This is how we communicate when we're not home. I sent that bird with a note telling mother that I'll be at the library getting more books to read and that I should be home by five," she nodded and we made our way to the library.

~Time Skip to five o'clock~

I was home with five new books to read, which I knew I would finish by today. I left the books in my room and went to the kitchen where mom was "Afternoon mom, how were Draco's studies?" I asked and she sighed. "He's getting there but still has a little trouble," I nodded "The house-elf made cookies if you want any and take some to Draco as well," she said and I nodded. I opened the over and saw that Dobby made chocolate-chip cookies. I crabbed seven of them, three for me and three for Draco and the last one for Dobby since I knew he wasn't allowed to grab any. I made my way to Draco's room and saw him studying "Here Draco," I said and handed him his cookies. "Thanks, Raina. How's Neva doing?" "She's fine, can't wait for Christmas next week. She likes it when it snows," he nodded and turned back to his studies "Call me if you get stuck on something," I said to him and left to my room.

"Dobby, come here," I called and he apparated into my room. I handed him a cookie "No mistress. Dobby mustn't have the master's cookies," I rolled my eyes. We always go through this "Dobby, we both know you're going to eat it so just eat it already. It's the least I can do since I can't free you. If I did then fat would be mad and know it was me who freed you. But I know one day you will be free so for now just eat the cookie," I said and he sighed. He took the cookie and ate it quickly since no one is supposed to know about this. After that, he helped me organized all my books. I asked dad for two bookshelves this year. One for all my wizard things and another for my enjoyment. He said he'll see what he can do about it. I already sent the Weasleys' their presents which I know they will love. They also get me presents but I get them when I stop by their house because mom and dad can't find out that I know them very well or they would be mad. After we start school is when it would be somewhat reasonable for me to know them. I wrapped up a book that I knew Hermione was looking for and sent an owl to give it to her. I left a note with it telling to just send a note and if she wanted to send me a gift, to hold onto it until I saw her again because I won't be home for a while so my owl was dropping that off and coming right back. After that, I went to the kitchen and to eat dinner with mom and Draco since dad was coming late today.