Ch. 9

Published on: 12/9/19

Words: 3,102

Raina POV

The next day, I was out of the hospital wing and ready for the Quidditch game today. I went to the cafeteria for breakfast and saw Harry talking to Ron and Hermione. I went up to them and greeted them "Morning guys, what's up?" I said as I sat down with them and they greeted me. "As I was saying, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion, so he could get past that three-headed dog," Harry said. "What makes you think that?" I asked him "He's limping, so I'm guessing the dog bit him," well he wasn't wrong there but still. It wasn't Snape that tried to get past that dog. Snape tried to make sure someone didn't get past that dog and I got a feeling I know who he has it out for. "But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked "To get under that trap door. Must be a very powerful thing that it is keeping," I answered. Harry nodded "The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took out something from one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts business, very secret." So all I have to do is find out what the Cerberus is hiding and I'll find out who wants it and for what. Though I already have a theory on who it was. Suddenly, two owls made their way to us. It was dad's owl and Harry's owl. They were both carrying a broom. They dropped them at the same time and we both caught them. Harry opened his first. He got a Nimbus 2000, we looked at McGonagall and saw her smiling. I knew she bought it for him. Then I opened mine. Before I did though, a letter fell out. I opened it and read it "It's from my mom. She said that dad bought a broom for me for the game and that he wanted to have it be painted green for the Slytherin color but mom told him that I didn't like the color green and if it had to be a Slytherin color then to have it be painted silver. She says that she hopes I like it and that they are proud of me for making the team and that they love me," I said to them and then put the letter away. I took out the wrapping paper and showed a silver Nimbus 2000. On top of the broom was my name engraved into it with snowflakes carved all around it. At the very end though, I saw a dragon also carved there and I knew that dad had taken it to her so it could be carved.

I smiled and looked at Harry "Ready for the game?" I asked him and he nodded. "Watch over my broom, please. I have to go and feed Venom and Winter before I go outside," they nodded and I left. As I got to my dorm. I fed them and left both their cages open. I always leave Winter's cage open but I needed Vemon to be open today just in case something happened. I left my window open and let Venom do the rest herself. I grabbed my Quidditch clothes and left my dorm. When I got back to the cafeteria, I saw Draco picking a fight again "Draco, what are you doing?" I asked him "Hey Raina. I'm making sure these Gryffindors don't mess up your new broom," I rolled my eyes and grabbed my broom. "Thanks for the concern Draco, but it's fine. Anyway, imma go now since the game starts soon. See you guys in the stands," I said and left. Honestly, I love my brother and all but he can get annoying.

~Time skip to Quidditch game~

Gryffindors and Slytherins both came out at the same time and we flew around the stands. We all took our positions and watched Madam Hooch. "Now, I want a nice clean game..." she said and spoke to the Slytherins "So do I or I'll make sure all of you spend the rest of the year between the fires of hell," I said why glaring at all of them. They all learned already that I hate cheating and if I see it then I will make them suffer. The bludgers and snitch come out and then the Quaffle. The game begins and we all start flying around. Harry stays away from everyone so he can look for the snitch while I hit the bludgers. I try to hit them away from people so they won't get hurt but I also have to do my part in this game. Gryffindor has the quaffle right now and Slytherin chasers try to take it from the girl. She ends up making a goal so she earned her house ten points. I looked at Harry as he clapped and noticed that he was about to get hit by a bludger. He managed to dodge it and I hit it towards the broom but another player. She managed to dodge and continued to move. Flint ends up with the quaffle so it was my job to make sure on bludgers hit him. He managed to avoid everything but he couldn't make it to one of the hoops because Oliver blocked him. Gryffindor managed to make another ten points and I discreetly clapped. I saw that one of the Slytherins elbowed one of the Gryffindors so I sent a bludger his way and he couldn't dodge it so he fell to the ground. Then I saw Flint take the other beater's bat and aim a bludger at Oliver. It hit straight on and I flew down and caught Oliver before he hit the ground. I healed his wound and made sure he was ok before setting him down on the ground gently. I then flew back up and glared at Flint. He glared back but shivered when I showed Neva's icy eyes. He knew that I was going to give him hell after this.