Ch. 8

Published on: 12/3/19

I just came out of a class presentation and I seriously thought I was going to pass out. I hate public speaking. Anyway, since I passed that I decided to post a new chapter. Enjoy

Words: 2,592

Raina POV

We were in charms learning how to make objects fly. Once everyone started practicing, I noticed how many were saying it wrong. I decided to try it and my feather started flying. Coincidentally, Hermione's also got her's to fly. Then I heard Seamus continuing to say it wrong. As Professor Flitwick congratulated us I threw ice at Seamus' wand. Everyone heard an explosion and looked at Seamus. Once the cold air cleared around Seamus they saw there was an ice cube surrounding his wand. Big enough to contain the explosion at his wand only but small enough so it wouldn't hurt Seamus. "You need to be more careful Seamus," I said as I stood up and went in front of him to crack the ice. I still couldn't do that from a long distance. "Thanks, Raina," he said and I nodded. "Thank you, Raina. Two points for Slytherin for Raina's help with a classmate," Professor said and I nodded. 

As we left class, I was walking with Hermione. We were behind Harry and Ron so we heard what he said about her. She got mad and went right between them and walked off "I think she heard you," Harry said and I hit Ron in the back of his head. "Ow, what'd you do that for Rai," he said using the nickname he has used on me since last week. "You don't do that Ron. You don't make fun of people when they are trying to help you just because you couldn't do it," he got mad and talked back "Say's you, only helping people just so you can get your house points. You're just as twisted as they are," he said and snared at me. I was shocked he would say that to me. I glared at him and slapped him "Don't you dare say that to me, Ronald Weasley. You know me better than anyone here. You know damn well I help people because I want to. I don't get anything other than Draco being on my ass about me helping other houses. I am your friend and I've been your friend since I was five. I went against my family and became friends with you and your siblings because I like spending time with you guys. I like spending time with you guys than being with my judgemental family. Seems I was wrong to do so," I said and walked away to where Hermione went. 

~During Dinner~

Third Person POV

Everyone but Hermione and Raina was at dinner that night. "Where's Hermione?" Harry asked he noticed that she wasn't there. "Parvati Patil said that she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom and Raina refused to leave her alone. She said they she'd been in there all afternoon crying," Neville answered. Soon after Draco made his way to the Gryffindor table "Potter! Weasley!" Draco yelled out to them. Loud enough for them to hear but quiet enough for everyone else to not hear. Harry and Ron turned to Draco "What Malfoy?" Ron asked, "What did you two say to my sister?" Draco replied. "None of your business," replied Ron. "Listen, Weasley, I don't care what you say to me, or what you do in your free time but when it comes to my sister, then we got a problem. I heard what you said to Granger and I heard my sister went after her to calm her down and hasn't left her side since. I don't like that my sister cares for people as she does but I put up with it because she's my sister. The same way she puts up with my crap. I might be an awful person to most but at least I don't insult my friends and expect someone else to go and pick up the pieces. You better hope my sister calms down your friend real soon Weasley because if my sister comes back and is worried about that mudblood then I will make sure your time in this school in a living hell," Draco said and went back to his table. Fred and George looked at Dean questionably and asked him what Ron said to Hermione and Raina. Once they found out, they got mad at Ron and told him to fix it soon. After a few moments, Quirell came running in yelling "Troll! In the dungeon! Troll in the dungeon!" he said as he ran to the teachers' table but stopped halfway there. Dumbledor stood up "Thought you ought to know," he said before passing out. This caused chaos around the cafeteria. Dumbledor sent the prefects to escort their houses to their common rooms.