Ch. 13

Published on: 12/31/19

Hello Humans! Happy New Year. I was planning on updating this at Midnight tonight but I knew I was going to forget so here it is. I hope you all enjoy. And as a treat for the New Year, I will update one more chapter. Love you guys!

Words: 2,711

Raina POV

When I woke up again, I was in the hospital wing with the curtains all around me. On my left side, there were many presents from my friends and students that I've helped throughout the year. On my right, there was Snape, leaning on a chair with his eyes closed. I smiled and tapped him "Professor, you can get Madam Pomfrey now. I believe she needs to check me," I said softly and he opened his eyes. He seemed to have heard me because he got up and left. I grabbed one of the chocolates that was left for me and I started eating. When Madam Pomfrey came in she did a quick check-up and said I was fine. "You have three scars in the back of your head from being thrown to the wall multiple times, but I have sealed them all and your hair covers them. And don't worry, there was no need to cut your hair to seal the wounds," she said and walked away. Then Dumbledore came in and opened my curtains. "Good day Raina. I hope you're feeling better," I nodded and asked, "How are Ron, Hermione, and Harry?" "They are fine and safe. Whatever happened down there is a secret," he said and I smirked "You're telling me that everyone knows," he nodded and I sighed. "Did Draco come and visit me?" I asked and he nodded "Came both nights that you were out," he said and I nodded "What about Professor Snape?" I asked and he smiled "He comes every minute that he can. But don't say I told you that. He wants to keep it a secret from everyone," he said and I nodded.

"Harry's mom saved us that night. It was because of her that Quirrell wasn't able to touch Harry," Dumbledore said and I nodded "If you're planning on giving me any points for protecting the school and Harry then I want a little for than half of them to go to Gryffindor. I think my house deserves a lesson on modesty," I said and he nodded. "We should probably get going then. Today is the last day here before getting back on the train tomorrow." I nodded "Professor, today at dinner, can I sing a song for the whole school?" I asked him and he smiled at me "I thought you'd never ask. Of course, you can," he said and I left to go to my dorm to change and pack. Once there, I showered and changed into my clothes. I fed all my animals and put them in their cages. Kronos was going to stay here with Hagrid because I couldn't bring him with me. Kronos was fine with it and couldn't wait for me to come back. I made an ice necklace that would never melt and put it on him. This way, I can always find him and he could find me. Once that was done, I cast a spell on my things and made them go to the door so I could easily pick them up tomorrow. Then I got closer to my wall with Kronos beside me. I pulled the bookshelf and went into the hidden room in my dorm. In there I saw the dragon egg that Hagrid gave me. It was a copper-colored egg meaning that it was a Peruvian Vipertooth. One of the most deadly dragons to live. Feasts on goats, cows, and humans. It can grow to be 15 feet long and three feet tall. Poisonous fangs and resides in the eastern or northern mountains of Peru. I will raise him/her to only follow my orders and to eat only when it is alright. I will have sure that the only humans he/she ever eats are rotten people that plan to hurt others.

After making sure that the egg was fine, I check in about how many months will it hatch. Luckily it will hatch in four months, so I'll be here and watch over him/her. After that, I closed the secret room and made my way to the cafeteria. I was greeted first by Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Then it was the rest of the Weasleys and more Gryffindors. I then went to the teacher's table and apologized for taking so long. I nodded to Snape and he nodded back. I went to the Slytherin table and they all nodded at me and some even clapped. I sat beside Draco as he held my hand tightly under the table. We ate in silence until Dumbledore spoke up. "Another year has gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. Second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place with 472 points, Slytherin house," Slytherin clapped the loudest but I didn't care. I wanted to hear the outcome of the extra points"Yes, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last-minute points to award. To miss Raina Malfoy, for figuring out what was going on and secretly helping out the teachers and for doing everything she could to keep this school safe for the students, I award her 50 points," Slytherin clapped again as I smiled.