Ch. 11

Published on: 12/19/19

Words: 2,423

Raina POV

I went to the cafeteria the next morning after my morning routine and found Harry staring at the fire, not eating. Ron was with his brothers eating. I saw Ron turn to look at Harry and I knew that Harry had told him about seeing his parents and even took him to it as well. But I also knew he didn't tell him about what I said. Ron got up and went to Harry. I walked up to them and heard Ron ask Harry if he wanted to play chess "No," Harry responded. "Wanna go and visit Hagrid?" Ron asked and Harry responded no again. "Harry, I know what you're thinking, but don't. There something not right about that mirror," Ron said and Harry nodded. But I knew he was lying. "That mirror is addictive to people like us. Who long to see people that we miss. It's alright to go back, Harry but remember that you must live in the present as well. Some things can't be changed," he nodded and I went to eat breakfast. I then grabbed a plate and took it to him."Here, eat something," I said and left him to think.

~Later that night~

Third Person POV

Harry was in front of the mirror again looking at his parents "Here again, Harry," Dumbledore said as Harry turned around and looked at him. He saw that Raina was next to him "I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised. I trust now that you realized what it does?" "Raina told me it shows a heart's most desperate desires," Harry answered and Dumbledore nodded "Remember this Harry, this mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it. Even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home. And I have to ask you, Harry, to never look for it again," Dumbledore said and Harry nodded. "I've already talked to Raina about letting it go as well and she has come to terms with it," Harry looked at Raina and saw that she had tears going down her eyes as she got closer to the mirror and looked at it. "Goodbye," she mumbled and shot ice at the mirror. Once the mirror was iced she slid it to the door and left it there for when Dumbledore decided to move it "It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry...and forget to live," he said. "I'll be going to Hagrid now Professor. Summon me when you need me," she said and walked out the door. Harry felt bad for her since he knew what it meant to her to see her heart's desire. Harry went to his dorm and Dumbledor took the mirror.

Raina POV

The next day, I spent it with Hagrid caking care of the creatures in the dark forest. I like to talk to the centaurs most because they use the stars as guidance, and stars are what I am good at reading. As the months went by, final exams started coming closer. Snape started giving me harder work to do in potions class because the theoretical stuff was too easy and I would fall asleep in class. McGonagall started teaching me how to turn animals into inanimate objects. While I was studying in the Great Hall with Ron, Harry, and Hermione, Neville came in jumping. "Leg-locker curse?" Ron said confused "Malfoy," Harry responded and just got angry. I made my way to Draco "Go and apologize," I said sternly and he looked at me like I was crazy "No, he deserves it," he said and I smacked him on the head "You either apologize or you get help from someone else for the final exams. You choose," I said and he shook his head "I'll find someone to help me because I'm not apologizing," he answered and I sighed "Fine then, see you later," I said and walked away. I got back when Ron was reading the back of his card. Before they left I undid the leg-lock curse and ran to catch up to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Once in the library, she brought a huge book and called it light reading. She flipped through the pages and found the name she was looking for. "Nicholas Flamen is the only known maker of the sorcerer's stone," "The what?" both Ron and Harry asked, "Don't you guys read?" I said to them and they rolled their eyes. "The sorcerer's stone can make metal turn into pure gold and produce the Elixir of Life, which makes the drinker immortal," I finished what Hermione was going to read about. "I also read about it but I had forgotten his name," I clarified as I looked at Hermione. "That's what Fluffy's guarding on the third floor. That's what's under the trapped door. The Sorcerer's Stone."