Chapter Nineteen

Davian

Davian sat on the couch, waiting for Cearra to pick him up. He had a check up doctor's appointment. It'd been a week since the accident. He was healing well and doing good, he was just on crutches.

His phone began to ring, it was Cearra calling. He was hoping that she was outside so that he wouldn't be late for his doctor's appointment.

"What's up? Where you at?" he answered.

"I'm still at the courthouse babe." Cearra sighed on the other end of the line. "I won't be able to take you to the doctor. I texted your mom and she's on the way."

"Alright." he hung up.

Davian was pissed off to the max. But more disappointed than anything. Over the past week, Cearra was barely home, despite him being handicapped. His mom had to come over to help him out sometimes. He expected his fiancée to be there for him. But it was obvious that work was much more important to her. He was starting to believe that purposing to her was a mistake. he definitely regretted pushing Mia away. He regretted it a lot and wish he could take it back.

Moments later, the door bell sounded. Davian grabbed his crutches, hopping towards the door. He greeted his mom with a hug.

"Hey my baby." she kissed his cheek. "You ready?"

"Yeah."

Debra didn't say anything else while they got into the car. She knew there was something wrong with her son but she decided to leave it alone. She wanted her son to make his own decisions.

Mia

Mia helped her mom decorate the backyard with balloons. Her dad set up the grill and the food table. Roman and Jeremiah were setting up the DJ booth. Latoya was away with Jared. Little did she know her baby's daddy, as well her boyfriend, were five minutes from the house. He wanted to surprise her and they were setting it up. He was also proposing to her. Mia was happy for her sister. She deserved it.

As expected, Kendrick was there minutes later. He was dressed in his Army uniform. Kendrick stood six foot three with light caramel complexed skin, pretty teeth, a low wavy haircut, and hazel eyes. He was a little buff, but not much. Over the past two years, he'd became a big part of their family.

    "It's nice to see you again Ken

"It's nice to see you again Ken." Kathryn hugged him. "Latoya is gonna be so happy to see you."

"Well mama Kathryn," he smiled, "I'm gonna be happy to see her as well. Her and my daughter."

Half an hour later, the yard was full of Kendrick's family, friends, as well as Latoya's. The music was going. The grill. People were playing cards, sitting around talking and laughing. They were just waiting on Latoya and Jared to arrive.

"They're here!" Mia yelled as she looked out of the back gate. "Ken, hurry up and go inside."

Kendrick quickly went into the house. Latoya knew that they were having a get together, or so she thought that it was a get together.

Mia grabbed Katelyn from Latoya. Latoya mingled, talking to friends. She wondered why Kendrick's parents were there. Before she could ask questions, the music stopped.

"I would like to thank you all for coming out to party with us today." Roman said through the microphone. "For those of you who don't know me, I'm Kathryn's son. We're glad you all came out for this event. We do have a little surprise for a special someone."

Kendrick opened the doors, walking out of them. Latoya nearly jumped out of her skin. She rushed towards him, jumping into is arms. Kendrick hugged her tightly, spinning her around. They kissed again, again, and again. When Latoya calmed down a little, Kendrick got one knee, pulling a ring from his pocket.

"Kendrick, are serious right now?" she covered her mouth as she cried tears of joy.

"Yes, I am." he took her hand into his. "You're my everything, literally. You're my baby's mother, my love, my smile, my laugh, my everything. You have made me the happiest man in the world. I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else, and I don't want to. Marry me?"

"Yes!!!" she yelled loudly. The look on her face was priceless. "God, yes."

Before standing up, Kendrick slid the ring on her finger. They hugged again and kissed. Mia took the baby to Kendrick. He slowly grabbed her from Mia, holding her carefully as she snuggled into his arms. He cried, it was his first time holding his baby girl. The joy on his face and in his eyes brought tears to a lot of people in the crowd.

Mia was so happy for her sister. She truly deserved it and she hoped that her time would be coming soon.

"Hey, you good?" Jared asked her. "You look a little...I don't know."

"Uh, yeah." Mia felt a sudden urge to throw up. "I'll be back."

She rushed into the house and to the bathroom. She leaned over the toilet, throwing up. She felt as if she were throwing up her guts.

Jared walked into the bathroom, without knocking. "A'ight, yo ass pregnant. Roman told me about you throwing up in Miami."

"Can I have some privacy, please?" she rolled her eyes. "And I'm not pregnant idiot."

"Okay, let's go and get some pregnancy tests then."

She sighed. "Fine. This is between us."

Mia and Jared left, he drove. They went to Walmart and he bought a few Clearblue pregnancy tests. Instead of going back to their parents, they went to Mia's house instead. Jared waited patiently in the kitchen while she took the tests.

She sat on the toilet, staring at the pregnancy test. It read pregnant. Mia couldn't believe her eyes. She took the other two for assurance, they read pregnant as well. She began to cry silently.

There was a soft knock on the door. "Aye, you straight in there? It's been too damn long. Come on now sis."

"I'll be right out."

Mia sat the tests on the counter before leaving the bathroom. She didn't have to tell Jared anything, he knew by the look on her face what the tests said. She hugged her brother as he consoled her.

"Jared, what am I gonna do?" she cried. "Davian is getting married."

Jared rubbed her back while she rested her chin on his shoulder. "We're gonna figure this out baby girl. I got you and everything will be okay."

Cearra just don't care about Davian, AT ALL?

CONGRAULATIONS TO LATOYA AND KEN!!!

OMG, MIA IS PREGNANT. What y'all think gonna happen next? How will Davian react when he finds out? Will he find out?

PLEASE vote comment and share. Comments are greatly appreciated, as well as votes. Until next time my loves