Chapter Eighteen - Hospital

Within just a few hours, Mia was back at home. She wasted no time getting to the hospital. She prayed that Davian would be alright. Especially since they weren't on the best of terms. She didn't want it to end in that way. It couldn't.

    For a moment, Mia couldn't even bring herself to go inside. She sat on the bench in the front, staring into the dull blue sky. She felt weak and tried. She buried her face in her hands and cried silently to herself. She prayed and prayed and prayed.

    "Mia, what are you doing out here?" she heard Debra's voice.

     She wiped her face before looking at her. "Hi, I'm just trying to clear my head and get myself together. I'm sorry."

      Debra rubbed Mia's shoulder. "Don't cry baby. He's going to be okay. Just come inside with me."

    Debra and Mia went into the hospital, hand in hand. They went back into the ICU department where Davian was. After seeing all the tubes connected to him, she broke down. She hated to see him like that. She stood next to his bed, rubbing on his face.

     "What did they say ?" Mia asked. "How is he?"

     Debra sat down in the chair. "Well, he's fresh out of coma. He suffered from severe head trauma. But he's stable and the doctor says he should be awake at any time now."

       Mia felt relieved, a little. She was glad she didn't hear any bad news. But she just needed to hear his voice or look into his pretty eyes, something.

    "Thank you for coming so fast." Debra said to her. "I apologize though, I know you were on vacation and stuff."

   "It's fine." Mia sat down on the edge of the hospital bed, careful not to touch Davian. "This is much more important. Thank you for calling. Where's Cearra? She's here, right? You know she don't me around Davian."

     Debra shook her head and lightly rolled her eyes. "Baby, I called that girl before I called you and her ass still ain't came! Apparently, she's on a trial right now or something.

    Mia chuckled lightly. Cody and Brandon walked into the room.  They both hugged Mia and Debra. Mia gathered hands with them all and prayed for Davian once more. if she didn't know how to do anything else, she knew how to pray. Her parents taught her well.

   "Thank you for that baby." Debra hugged her. "I remember you used to pray for Davian when he had a cold or something or if he had a test. Anything." 

     Cody laughed. "That seem like yesterday. Y'all were like peas in a pod. Fa'real."

      Brandon nodded, agreeing. "It's just blowing me because he's marrying Cearra and not you. Like, that shit is mad crazy. Excuse my French ma." he looked at Debra. "But seriously though. I just knew y'all was gon' get married and ride off into the sunset on some romantic stuff."

       "Sometimes things don't work out like we expect it to." Mia shrugged.

   Davian's heart monitor started to beat a bit faster. His eyes shot open as he looked around. He looked confused and lost.

    "Brandon go and get the nurse honey." Debra said before rushing to his side. She slowly removed the tube from his mouth. She rubbed his face gently. "Oh, my baby. I'm so glad you're okay."

       Mia stood off to the side, thanking God for giving Davian another chance. She thanked him for answering her many prayers.

      Davian looked around. "Ma what happened?"

       "You were in a bad car accident baby." she kissed his forehead. "You're okay now baby. You're okay."

    Brandon came ack in with the nurse. She checked everything, run a few more tests, and told them that she would return in a moment. Brandon and Cody hugged Davian, they were glad he was okay.

     Davian looked over at Mia, locking eyes with her. "Mia, what you doing here? You're not supposed to be here. We talked about this."

     Mia was surprised by Davian's statement, but mostly hurt. She couldn't believe he had the nerve to say something like that. She was there for him. And that's how she's greeted?

    "Davian, apologize right now and I mean it." Debra fussed at him. "She came here from Miami in the matter of hours to see 'bout ya big head ass and that's what you say to her? Because the girl that's not even here said she don't want her around. Where she at? She ain't been here since I called her almost sixteen hours ago. WHERE IS SHE?" she was clearly upset.

     "I'm right here."

      Debra looked back, locking eyes with Cearra. "Oh, finally. She made it. Is the trial over? You got time now?"

      Cearra sighed heavily, walking further into the room. "Look, I have an important job and they needed me."

     "What are you saying?" Debra crossed her arms over her chest, tapping her foot on the hard concrete floor. "My son ain't important? He needed you here too!"

      "Whatever." Cearra turned towards Mia. "I thought I told Davian to tell you to stay away. What part of that did not you not understand? Are you slow or something?"

      Mia smirked. Cody scooted next to her, resting his hand at the small of her back. He knew what was up.

    "He did." she shrugged. "But I'm here anyway. Ain't I? I've been here. Always been here. What the hell are you going to do about it?"

      Cearra ran towards Mia and Cody let her go. In fact, he wanted to Cearra get her ass whipped. He had a feeling that it was coming sooner or later.

      Mia slapped Cearra across the face, causing her to stumble. Cearra charged at her again, but this time, Mia swung. She punched her in the mouth, causing blood to drip down her chin.

      Brandon decided to step in. He grabbed Mia, pushing her behind him. Cody carried Cearra out of the room to get her away from  Mia.

     "I'm good." Mia fixed her shirt as she breathed heavily. "Debra, I'm sorry for actin out." she looked at Davian. "Glad you're okay."

      That was the last thing she said before leaving the room. She caught an Uber back to her home. She had many missed calls from Lorenzo but she wasn't in the mood for talking. She was kind of depressed. After the incident at the hospital, she knew she had to stay away from Davian. She had to. She allowed herself to step out of character and that wasn't her at all.

    Damn, Cearra got her ass WHIPPED. Tell me what you guys think about this chapter and tell me and tell me what you think will happen next. Don't forgot to vote as well. Thanks to all my supportive and active readers.

Until next time 😘

Also, if you read this part before i edited it , i apologize. I'm working on two books at once and a character in the other book, her name is Laila.