Chapter Three - Lost Love

After work, Mia picked up Latoya and then she stopped by the grocery store. Latoya wanted her to cook for her. Plus, she was bored out of her mind. Sitting in the house, pregnant and lonely.

    "Are you coming in with me?" Mia asked Latoya as she grabbed her purse from the back seat.

    "No." she sighed heavily. "I don't feel like moving. Just hurry back, I'm ready to eat."

   Mia grabbed a shopping cart before going into the store. She grabbed a lot of Latoya's favorite and a lot of the stuff that she craved since she been pregnant. Mia decided to cook some shrimp jumbo. It was a little chilly outside so it was perfect for the weather.

    "Mia, is that you?"

      She looked up, not believing her eyes. It was her first boyfriend, her first love, her first everything. She hadn't seen him in over four years. She was speechless. She was star struck. He was the last person she thought she'd  see.

      "Davian? Hi...oh my...it's been so long." Damn, he's gotten finer. She thought to herself.

     Davian hugged her tight as she stood on her tippy toes, hugging him back. It was obvious that the two were happy to see each other.

      "It's been too long." he smiled. "You're looking beautiful as ever."

   Mia blushed. "Thank you. You're...all grown up I see." she was nervous. She didn't even have words to say.

    "Yeah, I guess you can say that." he licked his pink lips. "But, I'm officially back in town. Maybe I'll see you around Mia."

     "Maybe you will."

      "It was good to see you in again." Davian hugged her once more. "See you later."

        Mia watched him walk away. Her heart was heavy. All of the feelings that she thought had vanished for Davian, suddenly came back. It was like falling in love all over again. All of the memories that they shared swarmed her mind. So many feelings consumed her.

       Mia paid for the groceries. The ride home was very silent. Mia had a lot on her mind. She didn't know how to feel about Davian being back in town. After all, he did leave her and never looked back. But she couldn't deny the feelings she obviously still had for him.

     "Okay, what is it?" Latoya asked, taking a bite of her chocolate cake. "You've been so quiet. Tell me what's wrong."

     Mia continued to peel the shrimp. "I saw Davian. He moved back into town."

      "Awe. You guys were like two peas in a pod. Brought back a lot of memories huh?"

     "Yeah.  And a lot of feelings that I thought were gone."

   When Mia was almost done cooking the jumbo, people started to pop up. Latoya, Jared, and some of his friends.

Davian

Davian helped hiss mom plant flowers. Ever since he seen Mia, he couldn't get her out of his head. She looked good. Really good. Just as Mia, the old feelings that he thought were gone, came rushing back to him after seeing her beautiful face again.

    "Davian, tell mama what's on your mind love." Debra stood up, putting down the shovel.

    Sometimes Davian hated when his mom could see right though him. She can always tell when something is bothering him.

       "I seen Mia at the grocery store and it just brought back a lot of memories, that's all. It was good to see her again."

     "My goodness, my sweet Mia." Debra smiled. "How is she? It's been so long since I've seen her."

      "She seems to be doing really well. She looks good."

      Davian stood up once he heard a car pulling up. It was his boys, Cody and Brandon. He hadn't seen them in two years also. They'd been friends since middle school, just the three of them. He missed kicking it with them.

      "Whasup bro

      "Whasup bro." Cody gave Davian a man hug.

     "Still light skin huh? Sad." Brandon slapped hands with Davian. "Good to see ya."

      The two gave Debra a hug before she went into the house. The guys sat on the steps.

    "What you been up to since you been in town?" Brandon asked.

       "Looking for a place to stay. I'm here with moms until then." Davian told them. "I've been busy opening up these stores too."

      "You out here making boss ass moves. I'm proud of you bro." Cody playfully shoved him.

     "Preciate it." he laughed. "Y'all wouldn't believe who I saw earlier today. The one and only, Mia! How come y'all ain't tell me she was that fine?"

       "Nigga, ain't you engaged." Brandon smacked his lips.

   "Right." Cody agreed.

    "I'm engaged, not blind." Davian laughed. "Seeing her brought back a lot of memories though. I miss her."

      "Awe, what you reminiscing." Brandon laughed.

     "Mia has gotten fine though." Cody said. "You two were so close. I couldn't even believe when y'all broke up. I thought for sure y'all was gonna get married. Y'all were inseperable."

   "Yeah...we really were."