Chapter Ten - Gone Mad

Davian

"Well, I was thinking roses not lilies. Or not. And the colors will be purple, white, and gold. I want..."

"Ms. Harrison, excuse me for cutting you off." Ms. Helen spoke up, the wedding planner. "You've been talking about what you want, what about what Mr. Peters want?"

"Oh, I'm sure if Davian disagrees with something, he'll speak up." Cearra turned and smiled at him. "Right, baby?"

"Yeah, right." he faked a smile and pecked her lips.

Honestly, I didn't like more of Cearra's ideas. They agreed on silver, white, and yellow. She changed that. They agreed on lilies, she changed that. She even changed the location of the wedding. Davian decided not to say anything. It's what she wants, right?

"But, it looks like you have everything under control. I'm about to link up with the guys." Davian kissed Cearra's forehead before getting up. "Love you."

"Love you too." She smiled genuinely.

Davian changed into his basketball gear before leaving the house. He texted Cody and Brandon, telling them to meet him at the basketball court. It'd been a while since they played ball together.

"Yo, wassup D." Brandon clapped him up.

Brandon, Cody, and Davian were like the three stooges in high school. When Davian wasn't with Mia, he was with them. Even though he'd been gone for years, their bond still didn't change.

"What's good boy."

Soon, Cody was pulling up. He's like a black man trapped inside a white man's body. He's the comedian of the group. You can't me upset or sad when he's around. It's impossible.

"What's good y'all." Cody clapped them both up. "Where ya fiancé at?"

"At home, with the wedding planner." he sat down on the bench.

Cody grabbed the basketball, shooting it in the net. "The usual, huh? If she ain't working."

"So, when the wedding?" Brandon asked.

"Man, I don't even know." Davian shrugged. "Cearra been changing shit we agreed on."

"Umm..so where's Mia?" Cody asked, being funny.

"Wait, you been kicking it with Mia?" Brandon asked.

Davian explained to Brandon about his first time seeing her again and what's been going on. They all talked about the situation and other things while shooting around on the court. It was cool talking to the boys, venting to them.

"You're clearly still in love with Mia." Brandon looked at Davian. "Y'all fucking kissed yo! With some tongue action. What you gon' do man?"

"I don't know B, I'm confused right now."

Laila

Mia held Katelyn in her arms as she followed behind her mom, Latoya, and Jeremiah. They were in the mall shopping. Her mom really just wanted to get more clothes for Jeremiah and the baby. Mia tagged along because she didn't want to spend her Saturday inside.

"She's going to be spoiled because of you." Latoya said to her.

Mia smiled down at Katelyn. She was sound asleep with her mouth slightly open. She looked so pretty. "That's okay, girls are supposed to be spoiled."

"Guess what Mia." Jeremiah turned towards her. "I asked Olivia out and she said yes."

Mia high-fived him. "That's what's up. Treat her right now."