Chapter Eleven - Family Reunion

Davian

   Davian walked around the spacious studio, making sure everything was set up for his first fashion show. He hired a lot of locals to model in the show who had dreams to become a model. He helped them while they helped him.

   So far, everything was going as planned. The white marble stage sat in the middle of the floor. On each side, there were many chairs neatly rowed. Guests were already starting to arrive. Davian's manager was in the back handling everything. He just sat back until he was needed.

   "Hey babe." Cearra approached Davian. She seemed to be upset about something. "Everything coming along?"

   "Yes." Davian smiled at her. "I'm glad you could make it baby."

   Cearra looked sad. "I'm not here to stay, sadly. I have to leave town. My boss needs me for a case."

   Davian was obviously disappointed, but he expected it. She put work before anything. Even him.

   "But I wanted you here Cearra, this is my first show. I need you here. Just...don't go."

   "I'm sorry Davian but I have to." she kissed his cheek. "I promise it make it up to you. I love you."

   Davian faked a smile. "I love you too."

    Cearra left. Davian continued to walk around making sure things were the way he wanted it to be. He didn't have time to mourn over the fact that his fiancé wasn't going to be there. Yes, he was disappointed but he had a show to run.

  Mia

    Mia dressed herself in red Jordans, denim ripped jeans, and a red shirt that had "Myers Family Reunion" printed on the front. She pulled her curls up into a messy bun and put on some gold hoops. She was getting ready for her family reunion on her mother's side.

   Her cell phone began to ring. It was her mother calling.

   "Hey ma."

   "Hey baby, you headed out?"

   "Not yet. I'm going to Davian's fashion show first."

   "Awe, that's nice. Call me when you're on your way love."

   "Okay mom." she hung up.

  Mia left her house after grabbing a few things. She wasn't surprised by all of the people that showed up. There were cars parked everywhere. Davian was evolving in the fashion industry and she wanted to be there to support him. Despite their differences. He was still her first everything and her feelings hadn't gone anywhere.

    She got front row seat tickets so she sat in the very front. She spotted Davian's family across the room and she waved at them.

   "I didn't expect to see you here." Davian sat next to her.

   Mia looked over at him, smacking her lips. "Don't even do that. I may not like you but I love you, still. Of course I'm going to support. Who would I be if I didn't support you."

    Davian smiled widely. He then was reminded of why he loved her so much. "Thank you. Mind if I sat here?"

   "Not at all."

    The two watched the show together. His new line was so wonderful. The models did great. Everything ran so smoothly. Afterwards, a few designers offered Davian so many deals. Both Mia and his family were so excited for him. He was really excited.