22. Come with Me.. LAST CHAPTER!!

[ In an instant, when you have to make an important decision precisely on the spot. You don't know if your gut is fright or intuition. ]

Reggie

Everything felt like a movie.

I had the same feeling I always day dreamed about having when I would sit and watch those deep ass family movies made by Tyler perry when I was younger.

Thinking " damn what if I was in that situation? Would I have done the same thing? Would I have kept such a secret..? Would I have made such a move..? All these complicated ass scenarios..glad I'm not in that situation " and here I am. I'm surprised the Investigation Discovering Team hasn't showed up yet.

Maybe this is what I get...maybe this is what my life is.

Just a bunch of strings, jumbled up like electric cords that eventually all connect to the same thing.

I put my hands in my pockets and watched my Aunt's colleague give her speech from behind everyone.

I didn't wanna sit and be rubbed on by random people every 5 minutes as a condolence gesture. So I stayed clear of interaction as much as possible for right now until the end.

That's when it's mostly expected.

I was still trying to wrap my head around this whole funeral thing as it was.

Then the lady came down and Elliot stood up , fixing her skirt , walking towards the microphone.

You could tell she hasn't sleep in I don't know how long. She probably just did manage to make it here.

Someone's phone flashed, then another, and then another.

The security guard that was on the right of me walked towards them and told them to leave.

They were hesitant so he brought them to a stand and moved them out of the building while the speech was beginning as quietly and non violently as possible.

" *sighs*.... yeah, um... give me a moment. " she said to us all. " she was my best....friend. My bestest friend. I loved working with her, working beside her. Making hers and my dreams, come to life. Become a reality. But it wasn't .. always, her... reality. I'd walked in on som many different occasions after something would upset her or something didn't go her way and she'd relapse. She was so hard on herself. So analytical, so critical, so precise on every teeny tiny thing she ever did. She wanted success so bad she grind her bones up to do it if she had to. She stopped at nothing to see others happy but yet, she never carried the weight of being naive. Or at least, if she ever was she never let it show. I don't know her complete past with her siblings or with her family, but it was enough to know her well enough... and she was in pain. I blame myself for not speaking up letting her know.. I had at least seen glimpses of that side of her no matter how hard she tried to hide it. It was like biting into a cupcake and inside there was a nail... you couldn't miss it some days but I- I was trying to be the friend who took her mind off everything, who was supportive, instead of playing my part...and getting her the help she needed. There is a huge difference between supporting... and being supportive. Remember that.. Always. "

Grabbing a tissue from the man's hand behind her that extended quickly she grabbed it and got off the podium back to her seat.