fifty-four.

𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙨

question of the day: if i punch myself and it hurts, does that mean i'm weak or strong or an idiot?

before, this chapter start, i want to address some things. as you know, i changed my updating schedule. i used to update only on sunday but now, it's almost every day. i thought if i did that, people would be really happy but for some reason, the number of readers decreases. are you finding this story boring now? i apologized if you do. like i said in the previous chapters, this will be a slow burn type of romance, but because i'm not getting the usual number of readers, i will try to speed things up. anyway, for those who have been here from the start, thank you. i'm trying to complete this book by the end of 2019. see you along the journey :)  now, let's start this chapter!

It has been 30 minutes since the doctor told the father-daughter duo the heartbreaking news.

FLASHBACK

"She has been admitted here for the last 3 years." The doctor said. Junha folded his arms and frowned, "You're telling us now?" Y/N walked away from the conversation and went closer to the bed. "The patient specifically instructed us all not to tell any of her family members, Mr. Im. No one has visited her since the start." The doctor reasoned his reason out. "We had to respect her decision."  Junha sighed. He glanced to his daughter who was staring at her mother's frail body. "Can you tell me what you need to tell me outside?" The doctor nodded and pulled open the door, letting Junha out first before him.

END OF FLASHBACK

Y/N laid down on the long sofa, opposite of the bed. Junha seated down on the chair right beside the bed, looking sadly at his ex-wife. He held his temple before standing up and walking over to his daughter. "How are you feeling?" Y/N was silent for a few seconds before shrugging, "I don't know." The daughter laid her head on her dad's comforting shoulder. "So, how have you been? How's your new work? How's..." He paused as if he was trying to remember someone's name. "What was her name again? Sa? Sana? That's your girlfriend's name, right?" Y/N stifled a laugh. Now you know which parent she got it from that doesn't remember names well. "Dad, you're a businessman. How do you remember names?" Junho laughed, "Believe me, I am still working on it. Most of the time I have to ask my team over and over again the names of our clients." Y/N smiled before slowly answering his questions, "Work has been really great. I like it. I'm actually going to be flying to Japan a couple of times within these two months. Starting tomorrow." Junha perked his head up, "Japan? Why?"