ninety-six.

it's a long chapter. be prepared. 

"Should we knock?" Chaeyoung asked. "She has not eaten breakfast. I'll go in by myself." Mina took the tray. The younger roommates watched as the Japanese knocked twice on the older's bedroom door. They didn't hear her voice but Mina decided to peek in anyway. Y/N was seen seated on her bed with her laptop on her stomach. A movie was playing on the screen. "Do you want to eat breakfast? I can leave it here or you can join us." Y/N's eyes went to Mina with her famous concerned expression. "We miss you." Mina knew she could not walk away now when Y/N closed her laptop and placed it aside. "You don't need to talk to us yet. We can eat in silence."

"What's for breakfast?" Y/N spoke. Mina's heart broke when she finally heard Y/N's voice after almost a week. However, it sounded broken. "Ce-cereal." She choked. It took now for Y/N to realise how she has been treating her roommates. "I can cook if you want that. What would you like?" Mina began rambling. "Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. Cereal is alright." Y/N moved in closer. "I'm sorry for the way I've been for this past week." Mina let out a relieved sigh. "Did something happen? Did we do something wrong?" A bitter laugh came out of Y/N. "Something did happen but none of you did anything wrong." Y/N's eyes glanced to the corridor. "The four of you can come in. I can see your shadows."

The younger roommates tiptoed in but felt the weight drop on their shoulders when they saw Y/N smiling. "So? Cereal?" Y/N nodded. "Cereal!" Tzuyu cheered and held Y/N's hand to pull her up. Y/N did her morning routine before joining the others for breakfast. "Do you have work today?" Chaeyoung asked before munching on her breakfast. "I don't know," Y/N answered. To be honest, she has not checked through the schedule. "I thought you would have since the girls have an event today. Usually, all managers will be on board." The same roommate mentioned. "There's an event today?" Y/N's head shot up from staring down at her cereal.

"Ye-yeah. There's a fansign today. I couldn't get tickets because I have to be at work all day today." Chaeyoung chuckled with a hint of an awkward tone. Mina came running with Y/N's phone even though the oldest didn't ask for it. "Do what you need to do." Y/N took it with a thankful smile and checked for any updates.

"I have to call Nayeon," Y/N said before placing her phone onto her right ear and waited for the other line to connect.

"What?"

"I'll be coming in today."

"Oh, yeah? You're deciding now when you get to work?"

Y/N sighed. "I'm sorry I've been silent. I'm just calling to tell you that I'll be there."

"Fine. Pick the girls up in an hour and meet us at the venue." Nayeon reminded and Y/N knew her situation isn't stopping there.

"Can you or the other two pick them up? Please?"

"What?! The venue is far from their dorm. You live near the girl group. Time is running, Y/N." Nayeon had to scold her cousin over the phone.

"I know but-"

"I'm not hearing it. Pick them up. See you later."

The call ended.

"Damn it." Y/N cursed and shut her phone. "Is everything okay?" Mina asked. "Yeah. I'm just late for work." Y/N gobbled down the rest of her breakfast after that. She showered and changed into her work clothes. Mina packed her lunch and Y/N thanked her. "Have a great day at work. Bye, girls!" Y/N waved a left after putting on her shoes. She turned the engine on and got on her phone real quick. A text needed to be sent to the girl group although Y/N didn't want to speak to them. She decided on a simple text which read, "on my way there to pick the four of you up. be ready."