An audience

Merlin decided to have another Old Religion meeting now that everyone was back from the holiday break. The six children, Luna, Jack, Elsa, Harry, Ron, and Hermione, plus three adults, Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape, sat cross-legged on the floor in a circle. Merlin insisted on it to make the meeting feel more equal. He didn't want the teachers to be "overseeing" it but rather be participating in it. It looked strange to see them on the floor with the kids but he thought it was an effective equalizer.

"We should name this club something," Elsa said.

"Any suggestions?" Merlin asked.

Luna said dreamily, "Old Magic Club."

"Student Body Enlightenment," Hermione suggested.

"School of REAL Magic," Jack said.

"The Mystic Arts Club," Harry said. "MAC. Cool acronym."

They started getting rowdy, talking over each other and arguing, giving Merlin a headache.

"Settle down. You're not getting anywhere," he said, but they didn't hear him over their own bickering. He got up with his hands raised. "Is it too much to ask for some order around here?"

Jack whistled on his fingers, shushing a half of the group. "Settle down, everyone. Merlin's orders." Then he gasped and whistled again, shushing the rest of the group. "I got it! I got it!"

Everyone waited with baited breath as he looked around them, prolonging the silence for a bigger effect. He pronounced each word with wonder, "The Order of Merlin."

Merlin sat back down. "That one's already taken."

Elsa smirked at her brother. "Then, we're The New Order of Merlin."

Merlin sighed. He didn't mind the name, but honestly, he was very disappointed with what the original Order of Merlin had been up to for the past few centuries. Would this group fall into the same footsteps?

"It's a mouthful," he said

Harry said, "The acronym is The NOOM. Short enough?"

Hermione asked the group. "Does everyone like it?"

"Yeah."

"I love it."

Merlin looked between them. "Are you sure you want to name this group after me?"

Harry said, "You live up to the name."

That seemed to have sealed the decision. They had a name. Dumbledore shot Merlin a peculiar look. Did he not approve of it?

"You've had a few weeks to think. Do you have new questions?" Merlin said to the group. He shook his head. "Hermione, I'm still not a Professor."

She dropped her hand and cleared her throat. "Are you a polytheist or a henotheist?"

"I suppose I'm a polytheist, but one goddess is more important to me - Triple Goddess. She's most connected to the magic of Old Religion. She's the one you want to appease."

"That is a strange name. Why Triple?"

"Three is a sacred number which is often used to describe the deeper reality which falls just beyond our human perception. For example, the concept of past, present, and future. Among other abilities I know of, Triple Goddess can see all possible futures and can guide us to the most optimal one. There used to be three Seers dedicated to interpreting her will for the benefit of mankind. We don't have that now but The Goddess is still there and can guide us on our way as long as we bother to listen."