"Mum?" Tomoe called to me, I looked at him through the mirror and smiled sadly at him, "what was that?"

"Oh nothing," I replied, "don't worry too much about it."

"Are you sure?" he asked, I nodded.

"Positive," I replied.

It's the winter break so Tomoe is coming home from UA for Christmas. It's a break from all the training, though I'm sure he'll beg Katsuki to help him with his quirk.

Tomoe was born with Explosion, but its about fifty times stronger than Katsuki's, I have a feeling that its because of Destroy. With that idea in mind, I've been asking Shota to keep an eye on his quirk now that he's his homeroom teacher like he was Katsuki's and mine (for the short amount of time I was actually there).

We arrived home quickly and Tomoe went to doing his homework as soon as we kicked our shoes off and I put his suitcase in his room.

"Hey, mum, mind helping me out?" he asked as I entered the diningroom with a cup of hot chocolate for him.

"With what?" I asked, sitting down next to him. He pointed to the question.

'Why is cooperation important?'

I smiled as I remembered Katsuki had an issue with this question a while ago when we were still first years and I was in London.

"Because..." I explained to him how heros have to work with other heros and how sometimes its completely random, how without cooperation, missions and jobs can fail. The phrase I used was 'crash and burn' and realised straight away that that's what's happening between mine and Katsuki's relationship at the moment and internally groaned at the thought.

The front door slammed shut and a pair of angry stomping feet echoed through the hallways as Katsuki came into the dining room. His crimson eyes on fire with rage.

"Tomoe," he looked to our son, "go to your room."

"But--" Tomoe tried to reason.

"Now!" he raised his voice to show that he was clearly not in the mood.

Tomoe obliged and looked at me unsure, I nodded and watched as he walked out of the room. As soon as the click of Tomoe's bedroom door filled the house, Katsuki snapped.

Tomoe's PoV

I sat on my bed, phone in hand as I listened to my parents' loud arguing.