SHE (Beyoncé and Normani) - 8

Start from the beginning

"Yes."

"Good."

She walked into a stall and I tried not to look at her ass. "Are you still riding with me?"

Meg hadn't mentioned anything about how to get there and I didn't ask. I guess we had our answer.

"Yes, if that's still an option," I replied.

The toilet suddenly flushed, and Diamante was staring at me and I mouthed, "What?"

"The way you act around her!" she whispered in my ear.

"Shut up," I said, hitting her arm.

She just laughed and went into another stall. Beyoncé emerged from hers and we locked eyes. The rush I felt was completely involuntary. She washed her hands gracefully from beside me.

"You look very pretty, Normani," she said.

"Thank you," I said with straight face.

She smiled at me in the mirror and then looked at her own reflection, which was flawless.

"How's your girlfriend?" she asked casually drying her hands.

"She's good. She'd be here tonight but she's working."

Beyoncé just looked at me and nodded with a phony ass smile. Diamante finished up and came out to wash her hands, at that point Beyoncé and I acted like nothing happened.

Kehlani:

You headed home?

Me:

No, going to Meg's after party. Gonna get some footage/quotes and then we're out

Suddenly my phone started vibrating repeatedly. Beyoncé glanced at me from the driver's seat. It was Kehlani FaceTiming.

"Everybody be quiet please," I said and accepted the call. "Hey babe." I forced a normal smile at Kehlani, hoping I didn't seem nervous. "How was the show?"

"It was mad real. I loved it."

"Aww, yay."

"How was Meg's show?"

"Great, fun and her energy is poppin'."

Kehlani smiled. "That's what's up. So you said you're going to an after party? Where are you now?"

"Yes, we're on our way there now."

"Where's Diamante?"

"In the back."

"Who's car are you in?"

"A Lyft."

"You're in front with the driver?"

"Yes, babe, why?"

"I'm just wondering why you wouldn't sit with D."

"Lani, you doing too much!" Diamante called, leaning forward.

We laughed. "We're almost there, I'll call you back," I told my girlfriend.

"Wait. Did that bitch come around you?"

I tensed up and instinctively glanced at Beyoncé through my peripheral vision.

"That means yes." Kehlani studied me.

"Baby, she's there to support Meg, so how would we not see her."

"But did she come around you?" Kehlani enunciated.

The car suddenly came to a stop and I hastily looked at Beyoncé who was looking straight ahead but I could tell she was listening to everything. A look out the window told me we had arrived at the right location.