Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The cold water ran down my face as I tried to wake myself up by taking a cold bath. I hate having to wake up before 10 A.M. Sadly, I have to if I want to be able to get to the breakfast meeting in time. Today is when we find out more about this school and what elements we can control. Of course I'm the only new kid here that knows about the elements. I stepped out of the shower and looked up into the mirror and looked at the ugly bags under my eyes. Why did I have to have that dream last night? And what was up with that girl? I put more freezing cold water onto my face erasing away all thoughts of that dream.

I dried my hair and put on a simple white skirt and a pretty orange top that hung off my shoulder hippy style but hugged my waist with a fold like design. I slapped on some makeup in hopes to cover up my awful complexion and put in the hot curlers as I walked out of the bathroom. I slipped on some white sandals. I got the outfit yesterday when we went shopping. Personally, I didn't want to spend much money but everyone was really persuasive, especially Leah. I laughed at the memory of her trying to make me buy some of the really expensive clothes.

After 20 minutes I took out Jacklynn's hot curlers and it looks like I've gotten a haircut, no joke. My hair, which is usually right above my waist, was now to my shoulders. My hair actually looked good for once. Again, thanks to Jacklynn. Whenever I moved the curls bounced playfully. I walked over to her bed and shook her shoulder. She grumbled and rolled onto her side. I smiled at her and stepped right up to her ear.

"A FAT PURPLE HIPPO IS EATING A BLUE DINOSAUR!" I yelled right into her ear. She jumped up and fell out of her bed with a hard THUD.

"What the heck Dae!" she yelled at me while getting up and shaking her fist in the air.

I smiled smugly at her. "You wouldn't wake up so I did the next best thing." If looks could kill, I'd be dead.

"But what was up with that saying? What time is it anyways?" her anger mellowed down back down to a cranky, tired girl.

"I don't know, I just felt like saying it and its 9 and we have that meeting in a half hour." Jacklynn groaned as she fell back onto her bed. Within ten seconds flat she was back to sleep. "Jacklynn!" I yelled her name in disbelief.

"Is the hippo still eating the dinosaur?" Jacklynn asked as she sat straight looking around the room worriedly while I fell to the floor laughing my butt off. Did she seriously just ask that? I was clutching my side as pain stabbed through me but I didn't really care. The grogginess finally wore off her face and she looked at me with a glare. "Dae, you are completely and utterly unbelievable!" She stormed off towards the bathroom.

"Thank you, I know I am!" She sent me one last glare before she walked into the bathroom. She slammed the door so hard a picture fell from the wall.

I sighed and took out my phone.

Me: Hey Landon, you're awake?

Landon: I am now, why?

Me: Oh gosh, sorry I didn't mean to wake you! Just go back to sleep!
Landon: LOL, just tell me haha I'm not mad.

Me: I was wondering if you wanted to go down to breakfast early?!
Landon: Sure, I'll be at your room in 5.

Me: Awesome thanks!

I closed my phone and sighed. I heart that boy. I really hope that he's my partner. I wonder who it will be. Flashes went behind my lids of guys that I personally knew. Landon, Josh, and Connor were the main ones. I sighed; wouldn't it just be great if Connor was my partner? True fact, about 70% of partners ended up dating and about 50% of those get married. I wonder if Landon and I will be one of those partners. I smiled at the thought as I got some food for Culprit. Recently, she's upgraded to a no box bed. Also, I had some random dude put in a cat door but Culprit mainly stayed near me. As if she was trying to protect me in some ways.