Chapter 6

Chapter 6

After I got done eating my pancakes and cinnamon rolls, I chugged my orange juice while grabbing my bottle of Dr. Pepper while putting a napkin over the cheesecake and stood up. Landon looked up at me.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked him and he got up while nodding. Jacklynn immediately stood up and Mitchell stood up too and put a hand around her waist.

"Don't forget about me!" she said as she and Mitchell made their way towards me.

"I wouldn't dare to," I said while smiling as he linked our arms. I looked back over to Leah and Marcus. "You guys want to come too?" They nodded and got up. We walked down the hall with our arms linked together (Jacklynn made us) and we made a turn towards the dorm when something caught my eye. I instantly slowed my walked and squinted into the darkness. The full moon shining above barely helped me at all. I don't know why, but something was pulling me to go behind the trees. I barely noticed Landon asking me what was wrong as I walked swiftly over to the trees.

I took in a big gulp of air just in case whatever was behind those trees tried to harm me. I peeked into the darkness behind the tree and something launched towards me, "Ahh!" I stepped back but the big ball still hit me and I fell down on the hard unforgiving ground.

"Dae!" yelled four or five voices. I ignored them as I tried to get up. What made me fall down? I looked down and saw something that probably made my night.

"Are you alright honey?" said Jacklynn as she neared me. I was far too lost in my laughter to answer her.

"What's wrong Dae?" asked Landon as he pushed towards the crowd and stood within five feet of me. He stopped dead where he stood and started laughing too.

"What's so funny?" asked Leah in a small voice.

"What happened?" asked Jacklynn. My guess is that they were too afraid to step up to see what happened. Suddenly a dainty little meow came from my lap.

"Was that a cat?" asked Marcus. Marcus was standing in front of Leah while Mitchell was standing in front of Jacklynn. My guess is to protect them from the threat that made me fall down. I slowed my laughter as Landon got up and brushed the dirt from his pants. He reached out his hand and I grasped it while holding on to the little culprit that made me fall.

"Yes, yes it is," I said smiling down at the animal. I couldn't see it very well but I knew its eyes were a brown color by the way the reflected with the light coming from the moon.

Landon while holding my hand asked, "So, let me get this right. You felt like you had to go behind this tree but when you did you screamed your head off because something jumped towards you. That something is this little cat, right?" You could tell he was trying to hold back a laugh. I blushed a deep red.

"I wasn't expecting the cat to pretty much attack me! Not my fault I screamed," I said while looking down in embarrassment. Everyone went quiet.

Marcus was the first one to laugh at me with his booming voice. "A cat scared you! Oh my God, I've never heard anything funnier!" I stuck my tongue out at him and stomped away with Landon following me. I got on to the sidewalk and waited for him to catch up with Jacklynn and Leah right behind him leaving the other two guys to laugh their butts off.

"Are we allowed to have pets?" I asked as I cradled the kitten in my arms. It was so small but it wasn't too small. It looked like a kid cat not a baby cat. It was a little grey cat with a little black diamond between its big, brown eyes. It had little white paws with a random white spot on her back. She was perfect and if I couldn't keep her I might just cut a humongous fit that would make Pompeii look small.