Volume 3 Ch. 1 - OG

You and blake were standing under the spotlight of a military bullhead, atop a mound of dead Grimm. Everyone in the world was shocked to see two teens standing victorious against unsurmountable odds like the horde of Grimm. But there you were, standing tall. To streets started flooding with people, some injured, some only scratched.

Y/N: Holy shit, we did it.

Blake: Yeah, wow.

Person 1: We're saved!

Person 2: They did it!

People start cheering your name, though you don't really pay attention. You thought you saw a flicker of brown and tan in a nearby alley way, followed by a flash if black. You quickly hop down the mound of Grimm and stalk over to the alleyway, weapon ready. As you get in the alleyway, a shriek pierces the air.

???: Help! It's after meeeeee!

You sprint farther into the alleyway, knowing it's coming from within said alleyway. As you arrive, you see a little girl atop a small fire escape. A lone beowolf is attempting to reach her. Bellow both of them, you see two dead bodies. One female, one male. The Grimm gets bored and is about to take a bite out of one of the bodies. You quickly shoot the Grimm in the head. The little girl runs to the bodies.

???: Mommy! Daddy! Wake up! The Grimm are gone! The mouse man killed them all!

You learn to bodies are her parents. Her parents. Gone. You walk towards her and put your hand on her shoulder.

Y/N: I... I-I don't think they can hear you...

???: They're not... D-dead... R-right m-m-mister?

Y/N: I think they are.

???: No! They're not! They'll wake up and snuggle me and be alive!

You look at the bodies and notice a small charm hanging from the mother's neck. It reads "Lucy".

Y/N: What's your name?

Lucy: L-lucy. W-why?

Y/N: I think your mother had one last gift for you, Lucy.

Lucy: But... They'll give more, right?

Y/N: I... Don't think so...

Lucy: They're dead. No. No no no no no no!

You hug her and she sobs into your shirt.

Lucy: T-they were t-the b-best p-parents... E-ever...

She continues to cry into your shirt. All you can do is pat her back and say everything will be ok. You start to remember how your parents died. How John died. How luna almost died. You have to be this girl's guardian. She can't endure all the hardship you've gone through. She can't. A tear rolls down your cheek.

Y/N: I-I... Think your mother wanted you to have this.

Lucy: W-what is *sniffle* i-it?

Y/N: It's a locket. It even has your name on it.

You see a little note inside the locket. It's addressed to "other", while all the other ones are to lucy.

Note: If you are reading this, me and Jason have passed. Please take care of our girl. She means the world to us and we wouldn't want to see her in heaven at such a small age. If you would like, there are papers in here to officially make yourself her guardian. We know it's risky, what if you're not suited to protect our child? Well, that's a risk we're taking. She needs the best, so please, give her it.

You take those papers for later and give the locket to lucy.

Y/N: Cmon, let's go. It's not safe here.