Please Read

Hey y'all, sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been working on a new book, War of the Regions. If you like RWBY, For Honor, and maybe a little blood and guts, come check it out! The story will alternate between 3-5 main character's perspectives, each in one of the three main factions.

Sorry for not putting you, the reader, into the center of this one, but I've been wanting to try new stuff to really find out what you guys like.

As of right now, I'm three quarters of the way done with the last chapter in the prologue (which has awesome bloody fights and good character development, plus we meet our protagonists!) and after that will be a nice, cool story to warm your heart and bring you on a journey you'll take quite awhile to forget! Now, I'll quit rambling and share the opening of the prologue to give you all a good presentation of what you can expect! And please, I want you all to grammar nazi the shit out of me. Please. If you don't like how much gore/combat there is, let me know. I'm always down to add or subtract to make the final product better.

A bloodied and beaten knight kneels in the middle of a beautiful, serene field. A calm breeze blows through the olive green leaves of the single tree in the field which stands a few feet to the knight's left. He drops his flail and shield, not seeing any reason to continue holding them anymore.

They drop into the lush grass roughly three inches tall. The man figured they'd make a "clang" when they hit the ground but they sound as if they've been gently rested on a pillow instead.

Why was he even carrying weapons in the first place? Or wearing his bulky armor?
A small and calm whistle comes from behind him. He sighs happily and enjoys the calm nature. The whistling grows louder. And louder. Soon, it disrupts the calm atmosphere and sounds as though it's right behind him.

The man turns to see what the issue is and an arrow immediately pierces his chest. The chirping of birds ceases as does the tranquil breeze. He slowly looks down at his chest to see the feathers of the wooden arrow nearly touching his skin. He feels his back and pricks his finger on the tip of the arrow, which protrudes out between his left disk and spine.

Another knight, Aaron McKinley, watches his fellow knight slump over, dead from the bow wound. He looks around the fiery hell scape that used to be the middle ground between the Knight's territory and the Viking's and Samurai's. He looks to the sky to find a hail of razor sharp arrows hitting the peek of their slopes upwards before diving down towards him. Thinking fast, he scrambled to the other knight, picks the dead man up, and uses him as cover against the arrows.

Luckily, his armor is much better than the conqueror's and any arrow that the other man doesn't soak up deflects off Aaron's helmet or shoulder paldrons. After the volley, he looks in the direction it came and find Vikings rushing the Samurai archer's positions. They fight with the limited close range weapons but quickly fall to the overwhelming power of the Viking assault.

However, Samurai reinforcements, their final battalion of samurai, pinch them and massacre the Viking attackers.

Aaron looks all around to see each faction has a very limited amount of available soldiers left. His side, the Iron Legion, have already started using lightly wounded soldiers before they can recover. The Warborn, the Vikings, haven't even tried helping their wounded. To them, they'll fight until they die and then go to Valhalla. The Dawn Empire, or the Samurai, are similar, being slaves to Bushido.

The fighting continues. The Samurai, Vikings, and Knights continue to slaughter each other until only single groups of sixteen each remain. An unspoken agreement draws the remaining soldiers out if their fortresses to meet in the middle.

Petty and short lived arguments break out as to who's fault this massacre was while each man and woman looks around in disbelief at the pain, suffering, and loss of human life that surrounds them. A Kensei, the new leader of the Samurai after their Emperor was killed by Vikings speaks up, having knowledge of the Knight's language.

Kensei: Knights... This is the result of hundreds of years of petty hate and conflict. Is this what you wanted?

Aaron, who was among the surviving knights grits his teeth and pushes his way to the front of his group.

Aaron: You instigated this! You have been for centuries! This is all-

Kensei: Who started this no longer matters. All that matters is who has the power to end it. We can end this by fighting and killing each other or by rebuilding. Which do you prefer?

Knight: Don't you dare cut him off or I'll cut your fucking head off!

The three sides gear up to resume their fight.

Aaron: Primrose! Silence yourself!

Aaron glares the Warmonger into submission.

Aaron: We'd honestly love to call it a draw! But what about them!?

Aaron points to the Vikings, who have understood nothing from this exchange with the exception of a singular Valkyrie. She knows not how to speak English, yet understands the language for the most part.

Kensei: Do any of you savages know English or Japanese?

Silence. The lead Viking growls at the Kensei, understanding the word "savage" because of how often it's thrown at his people.

Primrose: Sir McKinley, we're not siding with either of these... These primitives!

Before Aaron can shoot back, the Samurai and Vikings both grow angry at the knights, having heard them throw "primitive" at both the sides for ages. Before anyone can react, a Viking charges the knights, reigniting the conflict. Swords, spears, axes, and shields all aimed at their enemies' throats quickly force the number of living humans to dwindle.

The Viking, having the least armor, catch the worst of it until only the Valkyrie remains. She scrambles away from the samurai and knights and watches the two technologically advanced factions kill eachother until only six people, including her, remain. Her, two knights, and three samurai. She recognizes the Samurai as the biggest threat and wordlessly falls into formation with the two knights. The two groups of three glare at eachother.

Kensei: There is only six of us left... Of the hundreds we all started with...