Chapter 20

Thomas O' Brien

London

Alby was pushing suitcases, Mrs. O' Brien was carrying bags, and Thomas was holding the tickets and a bag. An English taxi was waiting outside to take them to the airport. Everything was going to be normal again without rich people meddling with their lives. Thomas' phone was now quiet without a single text or a single missed call from the blonde boy. His life was now as quiet as can be.

"Good for you, walk away from Newt and his family's fat-ass property portfolio. You have no one. No net worth, but you have integrity. That's why I respect you," Alby said dragging a suitcase pull of Thomas' clothes down the steps of his house.

"Thank you for everything," Thomas hugged his best friend.

"Bye, Mrs. O' Brien," Alby hugged the woman. "Thank you for everything," Mrs. O' Brien said. The older woman hopped in the black taxi.

"Sure I can't get you to stay?" Alby asked for the hundredth time. Thomas shakes his head witha sad smile. "Okay, just say hello to America for me," he hugs Thomas again before the brunette boy gets in the taxi with his mother.

The mother and son walked through security without any help this time. They were now squeezing their way to the crowded economy section trying to find their assigned seats. Thomas was holding his neck pillow while his mother was following behind him.

"Tommy!" a familiar voice yelled making Thomas face the back. There he was, the blonde rich boy. "Tommy! Stay there," his voice was calm yet commanding.

"I'm going to look for some extra blankets," Mrs. O' Brien excused herself.

"Newt what are you doing here?" Thomas questioned the blonde standing at the opposite side of the plane.

"I'm flying back to New York with you," he said in his British accent like he was so sure of his answer.

"God, don't make this harder than it already is."

"I always imagine me proposing to you would be like. You know what? I already had it all planned out," he said following Thomas who was still advancing to find their seats. "I'll bring you to my favourite spot on the countryside. There's a hidden trail that I used to go to as a child. Now there's a prairie there that opens up to a beautiful forest," he said. "Um... sorry dude," he excused himself from an Indian man organizing his luggage in the overhead.

"Give me a second," he tells Thomas. Thomas laughs at him as he squeeze his way through. "When the sun hits the horizon, I'd get to down to one knee," Thomas smiles at Newt. "And the rest world would fall away. Because it will just be you and me," he squeezes through the seat and now in front of Thomas. "I know this is far throw from a hidden paradise," He kneels down on one knee. "But whenever you are in the world that's where I belong," Thomas blushes as Newton pulls out a small red box and reveals an emerald ring. A familiar ring. Ava's ring!

Thomas gasps, "Thomas O' Brien, will you marry me?" Thomas laughs and sheds some tears. "And made me the happiest man in this world?"

"Yes!" he cries and slams his lips on Newt's.They kiss passionately. The people inside the plane bursts into claps and cheers at the whole sight.

"I love you," Newt whispers.

"I love you too," Thomas replies. "This is gonna be some flight back to New York," he commented.

"Well, I was actually thinking of staying one more night," Newt said making Thomas smile and they kiss again.

As Newt slowly removed the blindfold, Thomas gasped at the sight in front. A party! Not just any party, an engagement party. Newt's and Thomas' engagement party. The venue was breath taking. The venue was some kind of sophisticated. Some might say, spectacular. The venue was surrounded beautiful flower columns and beautiful fountains. Ampthill Park. Newt's ancestral home Fireworks was being lit in every direction. It was glamorous.

Everyone hugged and congratulated the couple. Everyone attended the party. Minho and Miyoko withhold their honeymoon to attend. Jeffrey attended and designed the clothes Thomas and Newt was wearing. Teresa attended socializing and trying to move on from the painful situation a while ago.

"I'm so sorry about what happened the other night," Aris apologized.

Newt glared at him. Thomas nodded and smiled at him. "It's okay," he patted Aris' back and walked away to entertain other guest.

"My baby's all grown up," Mrs. O' Brien cried cupping Thomas' cheeks. He blushed and Newt laughed away. "Take good care of my son," she reminded the blonde boy and then glaring at him.

"You're a crazy boy, you know that?" Sonya joked at Thomas. Newt raised an eyebrow. "My little brother is a lucky man," she joked again and started to walk away laughing and holding her cocktail drink. Newt only shook his head at his older sister's ridiculousness.

As the couple made their up front, Thomas saw Ava was looking directly at him. She was massaging the side of her neck. She nodded and smiled at Thomas then walked away. Thomas smiled back and mouthed 'Thank You'. He was now crying in complete bliss. He had everything he dreamed of. He was more than happy. He experienced it all. He had a crazy wealthy English friend. He now has a crazy wealthy English family that supports him, not to talk about his American family. He wore an authentic crazy wealthy English style from Jeff. He experienced and now having a crazy wealthy English party. Thomas was now accepted by a crazy wealthy English soon to be mother-in-law. He will and always have a crazy wealthy English love on a crazy wealthy English man. He was now contented with his life.